Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Titanium - Air Filter

Hi all 😁 

I am considering an aftermarket air filter or induction kit for a Mk3 Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT. 

Does anybody have any recommendations or advice regarding this eg. manufacturer (K__N, RmAir, Pprcross, Grn Ctton)? ***

Whether to go with the full induction or just the air filter? 

Possibly Part Numbers?

Looking into this for a little more lower rev range breathing room. 

I understand this engine isn't the most tunable and not looking to squeeze 400bhp from a 125 😄

Just after something with a bit of noise behind it and maybe a little extra responsiveness. 

Thank ya much 👐🏽😁 

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend 

F87 

***Shortened the names of manufacturers as I'm unsure of mentions on here.

K&N is usually the most popular but requires cleaned and oiled every so often and does give the 1.6 a good grunt. But the Ramair is also good and can be cleaned with soapy water. Most are going to be pretty much the same just noise and not major on BHP due to no turbo but more air and a possibility of better MPG.

Cheers Focue appreciate the info 🤝

Yeah I've seen the K&N in a few motors. Was going to be one of my reasons for steering clear but if it's actually worth it I don't mind opting for it. 

The Ramair I've heard and read plenty positive about I'm just unsure whether they stock for 1.6 as on their site it only mentions ST and RS. Not a major or anything as I'm doing my research before hand. 

Also attempting to find out how good Green Cotton filters are. Will be looking more into those too. 

Is it correct this engine has a bit of a natural grunt to it anyway when I get past around 2500 - 3000rpm? 

3 hours ago, Focused87 said:

Cheers Focue appreciate the info 🤝

Yeah I've seen the K&N in a few motors. Was going to be one of my reasons for steering clear but if it's actually worth it I don't mind opting for it. 

The Ramair I've heard and read plenty positive about I'm just unsure whether they stock for 1.6 as on their site it only mentions ST and RS. Not a major or anything as I'm doing my research before hand. 

Also attempting to find out how good Green Cotton filters are. Will be looking more into those too. 

Is it correct this engine has a bit of a natural grunt to it anyway when I get past around 2500 - 3000rpm? 

Yes some like the green cotton one too. The sigma/duratec 1.6 defo has a good wee grunt and the more air you add the louder is gets. It responds very well to modifications. If you want more noise you get a center resonator delete pipe on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353438261947

19 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Yes some like the green cotton one too. The sigma/duratec 1.6 defo has a good wee grunt and the more air you add the louder is gets. It responds very well to modifications. If you want more noise you get a center resonator delete pipe on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353438261947

I've been looking into them for a while but can usually find only the panel filter. The air filters usually pop up on sites and are regularly universal air filters which I'm definitely not keen on trying out. 

It has - a really nice sound. I test drove it in March and was pleasantly surprised at the noise it has. I read in another thread on here that the Ti-VCT likes to be revved to draw the best from it. Got some Nanodrive oil going in it next month too so I'm looking forward to that and seeing if there's any noticeable differences. 

Good to know this engine responds positively to modifications. Happy to hear that. Appreciate your info and advice Focue. 

Cheersfor the link I'm going to take a look into it today. 

F87 🤝