Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fisesta mk8 NAV FAULT

frankbiancardi

Hi, I am a happy owner of a 2017 ford fiesta mk8 with 85 hp.
Happy owner until last week when the navigator stopped working. All the functions of sync 3 work with the exception of the navigator which when I click on it tells me 

"Navigation error: the navigator does not work"

and does not even open the maps.
I tried to make a diagnosis with Forscan but it doesn't find any error codes.
Anyone have experience on this?
Thanks in advance everyone for the great job you do!

Have you tried a Sync Master Reset, it might sort it out. Means you might have to re-enter phone contacts favourite places etc though. 

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync/setup/how-to-master-reset-sync-systems.html

It could be a software problem, indeed, every 20 years there is a problem with managing the date of the GPS software. To correct this problem, go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.

Thank you, i have try with hard reset but not have good news. 

Wich change date of system GPS? 

On 5/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, Galyss said:

every 20 years there is a problem with managing the date of the GPS software

How do you know it happens every 20 years ? Cars with SatNav / GPS have not been around for 40 years ! 🤪

Sounds like the GPS module isn't working. If you go into the hidden diagnostic mode you can see if sync is receiving sattelites or not. Unfortunately no can't remember how to enter the diagnostic mode. Know some forum members know how to . @Stoney871

8 hours ago, unofix said:

How do you know it happens every 20 years ? Cars with SatNav / GPS have not been around for 40 years ! 🤪

It's a software code problem. As with the Y2K bug :) 

2 hours ago, Galyss said:

As with the Y2K bug 🙂

Oh yes, I remember that ........ nothing happened, but it happens every 1000 years.

press the fast forward on sync and skip forward/call off burton on steering wheel at sane time holding down  until speaker test. tge  navigate testing settings then as photos. see what satelitte signal strengths are

Screenshot_20210519-103841_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-103812_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210519-103745_Gallery.jpg

• Like 3

i think the gps module is part of the antenna base on the mk8 fiesta. thats where i would look next. 

Guys first of all thanks!  You are giving me exceptional support.  I did the GPS tests from the hidden menu and it doesn't actually detect any satellite.  What can I do?  How can I test the GPS module?  Where is it located?  Is it possible that they are GPS antennas and maybe they can be replaced?

The GPS module is fed with power so I would be looking for the fuse first.

43 minutes ago, anon said:

The GPS module is fed with power so I would be looking for the fuse first.

There's no power to the antenna base. There's no GPS module as such on the Mk8 from the info I have ( wiring diagram doesn't show one) 

• Like 1

I have ceck all fuses in box fuses and all okay😐

3 hours ago, frankbiancardi said:

Guys first of all thanks!  You are giving me exceptional support.  I did the GPS tests from the hidden menu and it doesn't actually detect any satellite.  What can I do?  How can I test the GPS module?  Where is it located?  Is it possible that they are GPS antennas and maybe they can be replaced?

Do you get a GPS signal on your mobile? 

Try a different location from where you've been testing it. I am at my son's for a few days  in the sticks, I can't get a GPS signal in his driveway, a short drive along the road picks up GPS. 

Found this on another forum, GPS module location, don't know tho' if it's the same place on mk8's. 

https://talkford.com/community/topic/389061-gps-antenna-location/

the signal on the mobile phone is present. So much so that if I connect the mobile phone with USB the android auto starts and immediately takes my position. I think the navigator module needs to be replaced or, if I'm lucky, just the GPS antenna.
But I wonder where it is located. Anyone have the schematics? do you have any more news?

i will sort out wiring schematics of gps out later for you. im convinced the antenna base is the only component between sync screen and gps signal 

• Like 1

I don't think so. I think you'll find an APIM between the two!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anon said:

I don't think so. I think you'll find an APIM between the two!

Yeah, your right. I was thinking the same after I posted as the sync is separate to the screen as such. I was thinking Mondeo has the sync bolted to the screen and associated it as one unit . My bad. On the fiesta the sync behind the instrument cluster.