Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nextbase Dashcam Install Focus 19 plate

Bulldogs

Just bought a Focus 19 Plate and want to install my Nextbase dashcam. Using the fuse box in the passenger footwell what is the best fuse to use to make it switch off when the car is locked so it doesn’t stay turned on permanently? I have now got the Micro 2 fuses and the little lead for it. 
Also, is it better to have it wired up to a permanent fuse or one that isn’t?

Fuse 3 micro2

• Like 1

Mine is on permanent but with park mode set on dashcam it turns of after 15/20 seconds of ignition off.

Often thought about having one installed but dont like the ideas of trailing wires and having to remove the unit when leaving the car parked up.

Had mine fitted by Halfords and apart from the wire coming down from behind the mirror there are no visible wires.

4 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Had mine fitted by Halfords and apart from the wire coming down from behind the mirror there are no visible wires.

So that wouldn't be much different to just plugging it in via the cig lighter ? Couldnt the wiring go under the headlining and across to the passenger door Pillar and down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell ? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club