Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low beam without parking lights?

Blaufish

Hi,

The parking lights turn on when the headlight switch is set to 1 (parking lights only), or 2 (low beam + parking lights). Forgive me if I got the positions wrong but you get whet I’m trying to say.

Is it possible to have the parking lights turned off when the low beams are on?

No it's,a mandatory lighting regulation.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blaufish said:

Hi,

The parking lights turn on when the headlight switch is set to 1 (parking lights only), or 2 (low beam + parking lights). Forgive me if I got the positions wrong but you get whet I’m trying to say.

Is it possible to have the parking lights turned off when the low beams are on?

Just curious, when you say, 'parking lights', do you mean DRLs? (Daylight Running Lights), in which case previous post entirely correct, they are mandatory and have been since 2011...

• Like 1

I can't think of a situation where you would want dipped headlights without the side lights so the manufacturers wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

No it's,a mandatory lighting regulation.

Absolutely correct.

If your headlight was to fail while driving there would still be the active Side light to mark the edge of the vehicle. Also since the side lights and tail lights share the same operational circuits turning off the front side lights would also turn off the rear tail lights.

52 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Just curious, when you say, 'parking lights', do you mean DRLs? (Daylight Running Lights), in which case previous post entirely correct, they are mandatory and have been since 2011...

I mean the little T10 bulb in the headlight unit.

We don’t care much about regulations where I’m from and also I’m running LED main beams so they’re not going out any time soon.

As for my situation, I’d like to run the parking lights in along with puddle lights in a non-white color.

Maybe all this was a silly idea 😂

In the UK we tend to refer to the small T10 bulbs at the front as 'Side Lights' but in some countries they get called Parking Lights, its just a name thing.

You still can't turn them off and in Europe it is still a mandatory requirement. Of course there maybe some countries like the USA or Russia where they might not even be fitted, I don't know.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blaufish said:

We don’t care much about regulations where I’m from ...

I don't know where you are from, but I already like it! LOL

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I don't know where you are from, but I already like it! LOL

Bosnia. I could probably run the parking lights here with any color other than red but I do travel abroad so I don’t want trouble with regulation-n4zis in Germany for example (no pun intended 😂).

Also we can mod anything we want as much as we want: maps, loud exhausts, stance, running on fckin coal, everything except super dark window tints, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Glasgow’s a bit like Bosnia in the 90s..

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Glasgow’s a bit like Bosnia in the 90s..

mmm... not as much sun though LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club