Do Not Sell My Personal Information

“Engine Service Now” Engine Shut Down

sibrown10

I have a Ford Focus 2015 ‘15 Plate ST-3 TDCI Diesel. 

If I accelerate in 4th, 5th or 6th gear within 2 seconds the car cuts out and says ENGINE service NOW.

I turn the ignition off fully and restart the engine and it’s as if nothing happened. Starts first time!

Accelerating in gears 1-3 I have no issue - even at maximum acceleration. 

It had an update last year at Ford in its last service to make the DPF regen more often. I’m wondering whether it that???

My mechanic has said he can’t find an issue even on the diagnostics. No idea! Any help much appreciated

there's almost no way, it will turn off and throw that info, without storing the reason in its fault list - sounds like the kit you mechanic has is inadequate....

software doesn't usually create faults (I thought they save that trick just for Mercedes - when they leave the factory with timed in fun, to make you go back to the main dealerships...) .  With modern cars such a pain to work on - it needs proper kit and if that's not getting the results, you need to go for a drive with decent kit attached and view live data and see if you can see what faults happen as it stops. 

All I can think of is the load on higher gear is tipping the balance or something to do with the gear info its in is causing some of the car's electrics to get in a pickle... maybe over boost condition ??? 

did you check the basics of fluid levels etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club