Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes vibrating noise on Ford Active X 1.0l petrol 125ps automatic

Jay100

Hi can anyone shed any light got a 2020 Ford Focus active x 1.0 125ps automatic with 2800 miles. Having not driven much due to lockdown I have started working again but seem to have this weird vibration when I brake at low speeds coming to a stop. It’s difficult to describe and just wondered if this was normal on these engines with automatic? Welcome any views please? 

On 5/18/2021 at 1:37 PM, Zemanel said:

Is it MHEV ?

Not on Auto, No.

I know this might sound daft, but could it be the rear discs are warped due to the handbrake being on so long without the car moving?

The car is under warranty so get Ford to check it out. They may say it's OK but if you're not happy, make them take you out in a similar specced car and if it doesn't do it on that then they can't really argue. I have a 1.5 Ecoblue, which has the same brakes, I believe, and that doesn't do it

The mention of brake issues reminds me of the other day.

We only drove 2 miles to a DIY shop to pick up a click n collect item it had been raining overnight but was dry when I parked up the night before but having driven in the wet conditions for a short period then parked up and collected the item when I came back to the car I struggled to get it to move at first and ended up doing a quick reverse gear to first gear to get the E brake to finally release.

Anyone else has issues with the E brake sticking on in wet conditions ? 

3 hours ago, Wino said:

E brake sticking on in wet conditions

Well thats an odd one and not something you want to happen often. I never really use my E brake with mine being automatic I just stick it in 'P' but recently I've started using the auto hold and so far I've had no problems with that.

Does the E brake only operate on the rear discs ?

16 minutes ago, unofix said:

Well thats an odd one and not something you want to happen often. I never really use my E brake with mine being automatic I just stick it in 'P' but recently I've started using the auto hold and so far I've had no problems with that.

I'm not sure tbh. It reminded me of the older days when if you went out in the rain you didn't park the car with the handbrake on overnight as it would often stick on.

3 hours ago, unofix said:

Yes, handbrake rear only, hill start assist front only, auto hold all four

• Thanks 2

I have a similar problem. 2017 1.5 diesel auto. However, I would describe the noise more as a “scrunching” noise rather than a vibration when braking at low speeds, especially when turning right. It had its MOT last month at our local garage, I did mention this to the garage but they said they could not any problem. If it goes on a long run it does not do it, so suspect it might be something to do with the brake temperature. 

• 1 year later...

Being aware that this is an old post, I have the same car and I'm experiencing the exact same problem. At times the sound is so loud that people on the street look at the car with a surprised face.

I took it to Ford but they said they could not find any problem.

Did the OP end up finding the cause for this?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club