Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat nav

Marlin666

I'm picking up my mk8 vignale next week. It comes with sat nav built in, but I was wondering how good it is. I have a focus at the moment, with the original sync, so use Waze on my phone. Is it up to Waze standard for real time updates? 

4 hours ago, Marlin666 said:

I'm picking up my mk8 vignale next week. It comes with sat nav built in, but I was wondering how good it is. I have a focus at the moment, with the original sync, so use Waze on my phone. Is it up to Waze standard for real time updates? 

Hi Marlin,

I too have a mk8 Vignale  and love the car.

However not a massive fan of the Satnav  due to the traffic part.

In previous cars I've always prefered the way they they have handled traffic like tomtom does by having a timeline down one side to alert you of traffic as soon as you start up  and offering you reroute options.

But on the Ford you have to go through menus to see traffic along the way, rather than being alerted.

You can connect your phone via Android Auto, and Waze and Google Maps are supported, also Here as well, and all work perfectly for me.

I have now fitted my tomtom to the car it has lifetime traffic updates  and I like all the features too.

Hope you enjoy your vignale 🙂

We both have Mk8 St Line X fiestas, one being a Mhev. Both Satnavs are perfectly suitable and meet our needs and requirements of getting from A to B just fine showing live events etc. This is a subscription service I think though, free for the first couple of years or so of the cars being new.

Never had an issue with the Mk8 Satnav.

Sync3 Nav is absolutely fine for day to day navigation. Pre-pandemic when I drove with my job and I’d be having meetings in Newcastle one day, London the next, then I used my tomtom, real-time traffic and up to date speed camera alerts from TomToms connected services have saved me a lot of trouble on a fair few occasions. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club