Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading MK3 Steering Wheel to MK3.5

DaSingh

Looking to replace my 2013 Steering Wheel with Limiter with a 2016 MK3.5 Steering Wheel with Limiter. 

The steering wheel should be delivered next week and I am hoping it is a straight swap, Has anyone else done this and are any extra bits needed?

If I remember rightly you'll need the clockspring from a Mk3.5 for cruise control to work.

The expensive part is the airbag as it's totally different, so you can get the steering wheel for £40, a clock spring for £20 but the airbag is £150+ even on eBay...

4 hours ago, JPW said:

The expensive part is the airbag as it's totally different, so you can get the steering wheel for £40, a clock spring for £20 but the airbag is £150+ even on eBay...

also the airbag loom, cruise control one if you want cruise control.

I thought I read the airbag was a straight swap! In that case looks like I won't be doing it then lol

55 minutes ago, DaSingh said:

I thought I read the airbag was a straight swap! In that case looks like I won't be doing it then lol

yeah doing swap can be expensive. if you're on the facebook group, Jake Cooper who's in birmingham does the swap and programming needed for you to have cruise control and also upgrades from pfl to fl steering wheel. he has loads on him, maybe you can get a good deal with him.

Programming not an issue it's the air bag. Not on Facebook does he have WhatsApp or Telegram? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club