Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK2 scuttle drain hose

Matt212111

I recently noticed the scuttle panel drain hose on my MK2 focus was dripping water onto the power steering pipes which can't be helping corrosion. I looked online and found the attached photo of where I believe it should sit. On mine the plastic clip to attached it to the screw sticking out of the bulkhead has broken so I tie wrapped it on. However now when it rains water falls from the hose directly onto the inner tie rod and boot which doesn't seem ideal given the amount of rain we have. Does anyone know of a better position for the hose or have a look where theirs is positioned.

573f39b09e7b4_2016-05-2017.20.07.jpg.ebecf18f3a78891f5c9e91690d44a074.jpg

Trust me, the rain dripping on the power steering pipes will have zero effect on them. The pipes will out live the car.

Thanks, what about leaving it directed towards the inner tie rod and boot which I think is where it's supposed to drain towards 

Again the tie rod and boot are expected to get wet (very wet) so water dripping on them will not cause any problem, well not for 50 years or so !

Would water not be an issue if it gets under the c clip keeping the inner tie rod boot sealed?

1 hour ago, Cazdrone said:

Would water not be an issue if it gets under the c clip keeping the inner tie rod boot sealed?

If water gets under the C clip keeping the inner tie rod boot sealed then it' not sealed. It could therefore be said that the seal has failed and you should be more worried about the loss of lubrication and getting the boot replaced.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club