Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk3 1.0l ecoboost

Carproblems

Hi, new to all this so hope someone can help. I recently had issues with my focus loosing power and other issues so has my spark plugs, turbo, battery and coolant tank all replaced. Since then, on start up my car is really struggling to start up and when it does it shakes/shudders like mad untill I put my foot on the gas. As I was driving yesterday I noticed it started to loose power again and a rattling noise started from the engine(somewhwre) then out of the blue my oil light started flickering. I haven't completely lost all power its quite intermittent. I'm looking for advice on what the issue could possibly be. Please see below current issues.

Coolant header tank still loosing antifreeze but no sign of leak

oil light flickering but plenty oil in car

Losing power intermittently 

Rattling from engine when accelerating

Whole engine rattling at idle with car running.

Loads of white smoke from exhaust on start up.

Any help would be much appreciated, don't know much about cars so take it easy on me lol.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Carproblems said:

Oil light flickering but plenty oil in car

First of all it is an oil pressure warning light and not an oil level warning light!

When the engine pressure warning light flickers there is insufficient oil pressure. When this happens the engine should be stopped immediately to prevent serious engine damage.

Being a 1.0 ECOboost the flickering oil pressure warning light will most likely be caused by a disintegrated wetbelt (timing belt). The rubber particles of the wetbelt clogg the strainer at the intake of the oil pump and reduce the oil pressure significantly. This is a common problem of the 1.0 ECOboost that is usually caused by not respecting the prescribed oil change intervals or not respecting the prescribed oil specifications.

Based on all other symptoms there is a huge chance that the engine already suffered from serious engine damage and may well be beyond repair.

You should not start the engine before the problem that is causing the oil pressure warning light to flicker has been investigated and solved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

First of all it is an oil pressure warning light and not an oil level warning light!

When the engine pressure warning light flickers there is insufficient oil pressure. When this happens the engine should be stopped immediately to prevent serious engine damage.

Being a 1.0 ECOboost the flickering oil pressure warning light will most likely be caused by a disintegrated wetbelt (timing belt). The rubber particles of the wetbelt clogg the strainer at the intake of the oil pump and reduce the oil pressure significantly. This is a common problem of the 1.0 ECOboost that is usually caused by not respecting the prescribed oil change intervals or not respecting the prescribed oil specifications.

Based on all other symptoms there is a huge chance that the engine already suffered from serious engine damage and may well be beyond repair.

You should not start the engine before the problem that is causing the oil pressure warning light to flicker has been investigated and solved.

Absolutely.

Sounds terminal I'm afraid.

How many miles has it done?

• Thanks 1

I guess you don't have a 2021 MK3 Focus.

What is the mileage on the car ?  It sounds like head gasket failure.

I expect the coolant is getting blown out of the expansion tank and that there is cross contamination between the engine oil and coolant. Get the head gasket/sealant tested as a matter of urgency

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Absolutely.

Sounds terminal I'm afraid.

How many miles has it done?

It has done roughly 88000 miles, and is a 2014 1.0l ecoboost!! Thanks to everyone for their help. It's being looked at tomorrow I just wanted to know your guys thoughts! Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club