Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 3 strut top mounting

My eldest daughter now has my 2013 Mk3 1.0 Ecoboost and last October the nearside front coil spring broke so I replaced it but also had to change the strut top bearing which came apart whilst removing the old spring. However, it has now occasionally started knocking on that corner and I have just had a quick look and there is now some lateral play in the top mounting - about 3mm I would say - which can be seen by forcibly pushing the top of the tyre inwards towards the engine bay. I believe it was a Cortico part which I got from Euro car parts (part no. 609590300 according to the receipt) but this doesn't come up on the Euro site now as it brings up a "Starline" part no. 609590749. 

Can anyone confirm that I was supplied with the correct part and if so has anyone had any similar issues ??

Update - I removed the strut this morning and on checking the mounting, the locknut wasn't as tight as when I fitted it last October and when I removed it the steel bush in the centre of the mounting was showing signs of wear so I got an Optimal replacement from Bullseye Motor Factors (part no. F8-7156) and have fitted that instead. Suffice to say that the knocking has now stopped and hopefully this one will last longer than the Cortico one.

2 hours ago, Phil3747 said:

Update - I removed the strut this morning and on checking the mounting, the locknut wasn't as tight as when I fitted it last October and when I removed it the steel bush in the centre of the mounting was showing signs of wear so I got an Optimal replacement from Bullseye Motor Factors (part no. F8-7156) and have fitted that instead. Suffice to say that the knocking has now stopped and hopefully this one will last longer than the Cortico one.

That is shocking it should last way longer than that.

Yep, it sure should. It wasn't badly worn but clearly just enough for it to start knocking when applying full lock.

1 hour ago, Phil3747 said:

Yep, it sure should. It wasn't badly worn but clearly just enough for it to start knocking when applying full lock.

Must of just been a bad one and hopefully the new one lasts.