Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! (lol) Getting correct parts for service (2017 1.0 140ps ST Line Red)

Marmite _Mayhem

Hi all

New here as, well, been a bit lazy and let main dealer look after car.  Its a 2017 140ps "special" edition which I think is Mk7? (e.g. not "the latest) - feel free to confirm - seldom used and now on 15,000 miles after 4years.

Now trying to go to local dealers, one quoted for a service with 4x spark plugs, so ok, I really trust them to know the car!  And another quoted, with 3 plugs, but just listing "oil" and "filter" and no part numbers.  the oil is quoted at £36 which doesn't inspire confidence as its a bit cheap isn't it?!

Having previously serviced MX5 & our Puma, I'm just thinking just to do it myself - I'm fairly competent and just lacking specifics.

Trying to look up the car for parts, I'm getting conflicting information from the dealer quote part numbers to part sites for compatibility, and also finding the 140ps doesn;'t exist on the Mk7.

Am I missing a website/database that will be authoritative for the parts numbers/specification  for

• oil
  • Spark plugs
  • oil filter
  • air filter
  • cabin filter

Thanks in advance

(Aha!  Maybe 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184532609736 @ £90 - seems vv fair prices for genuine ford bits to me)  - £50 cheaper than quote 2 (+£120 labour) and £100 cheaper than quote 2 (+£130 labour).

??

1 hour ago, Marmite _Mayhem said:

Hi all

New here as, well, been a bit lazy and let main dealer look after car.  Its a 2017 140ps "special" edition which I think is Mk7? (e.g. not "the latest) - feel free to confirm - seldom used and now on 15,000 miles after 4years.

2017 will be a Mk 7.5

• Thanks 1

Hi,

With a name like that I guess half of us will like you and half hate you!😀

As Bob mentions, your version (Mk 7 facelift) usually gets referred to as a Mk 7.5. A lot of confusion on this as other (non-UK) markets refer to it as a Mk 6. We got out of synch when the Mk 4 was so heavily facelifted that it was referred to as the Mk 5 here.

I see the supplier in the eBay link is actually Vospers who are big Ford dealers in the SW as you will know, so it should be genuine stuff.

I would check compatibility carefully though, I see the ad mentions Mk 8 Fiesta. I have an idea the air/pollen filters may differ - there are a couple of threads on here where members have wanted to fit a K&N for instance and found the dimensions are different between Mk 7.5 and Mk8.

Just for reference, I had an oil/filter change recently  on my Mk 8 at my local Ford dealer and they charged £29.70 and £11.40 including vat for the oil/filter, £17.40 for the pollen filter, not had the plugs or air filter changed yet.

• Thanks 1

I have a 2017 1.0 (ST Line) Red Edition 140 which I think is what you have. I buy my service kits from eBay and everything always turns up correct. This is the kit I  bought for this years service and have bought the same item from the same place several times now. Always turns up correct (all genuine Ford including the oil) and very quickly. The first time I ordered I asked if it was for the 140ps engine and they confirmed it fitted any 1.0 Ecoboost..........and sure enough it was correct.

Genuine Ford Fiesta MK7 1.0 EcoBoost Full Service Kit Oil Air Pollen Filter | eBay

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys.  I'm known to speak my mind and my work reviews said "doesn't tolerate fools gladly" as a negative, but I thought it was a positive.  So yes, love me or hate me - DILLIGAF 🙂

Anyway, great comments above.  I'm bemused - wikipedia suggests the fiesta is a Mk6 but I thought it was 7, but 7.5 eh?  Yep - prob dodgy info from different markets.  I really should keep up!  (Had a fiesta 1.4 sport F reg many moons ago, a poor mans XR2, then a 1.25 fiesta zetec S in late 1990s which was dire, then Puma that was awesome.  The current is indeed 1.0 ST Line Red edition 140ps - and I feel its the spiritual follow on to the Puma.  Cheap in places but love the engine, though doesn't bounce off the limiter like the Puma 😞 )

I contacted them and they indeed said the air filter may not fit - so appreciate the comments in this thread are the most accurate responses I've ever had on a forum! 🙂  Thanks  They said the filter "may" fit, some people say yes some say no - and directed me to a £99 kit.

The other kit listed above I had bookmarked too, but £110 vs £90 - and if plugs/oil/filters are the same with the exception of the air filter, then I pay as well risk the £90 kit and if the air filter doesn't fit just get one from EuroCarParts for a tenner (after discount) - I have one in walking range?

Assume there is nothing overly special about accessing engine bay on these cars?

(Interesting prices for Ford servicing above - not seen that around here - guess thats + labour.   Find it vvvv hard to find a garage I trust.   )

Thank you guys.  I'm known to speak my mind and my work reviews said "doesn't tolerate fools gladly" as a negative, but I thought it was a positive.  So yes, love me or hate me - DILLIGAF 🙂

Anyway, great comments above.  I'm bemused - wikipedia suggests the fiesta is a Mk6 but I thought it was 7, but 7.5 eh?  Yep - prob dodgy info from different markets.  I really should keep up!  (Had a fiesta 1.4 sport F reg many moons ago, a poor mans XR2, then a 1.25 fiesta zetec S in late 1990s which was dire, then Puma that was awesome.  The current is indeed 1.0 ST Line Red edition 140ps - and I feel its the spiritual follow on to the Puma.  Cheap in places but love the engine, though doesn't bounce off the limiter like the Puma 😞 )

I contacted them and they indeed said the air filter may not fit - so appreciate the comments in this thread are the most accurate responses I've ever had on a forum! 🙂  Thanks  They said the filter "may" fit, some people say yes some say no - and directed me to a £99 kit.

The other kit listed above I had bookmarked too, but £110 vs £90 - and if plugs/oil/filters are the same with the exception of the air filter, then I pay as well risk the £90 kit and if the air filter doesn't fit just get one from EuroCarParts for a tenner (after discount) - I have one in walking range?

Assume there is nothing overly special about accessing engine bay on these cars?

(Interesting prices for Ford servicing above - not seen that around here - guess thats + labour.   Find it vvvv hard to find a garage I trust.   )

edit:  research on part numbers shows the Mk7 kits air filter is up to 2016 (!) so the 7.5 2017 drops into a gap.  Is there a definitive way to know what air filter I have?  Is it size or shape?  (Bizarrely none of the ford dealer service receipts mention air filter (but does mention pollen and oil filters).  Odd.

My Ford dealoer is offering £20 off a (£170) Essential service:

The Essential service Includes:

• Full Service including labour and Parts (See below for breakdown)
  • 30 Point FORD eCHECK with complete video walkaround;
  • Free tyre rotation and repair (at customer request). We’ll also make recommendations on how to get optimal use out of your existing and new tyres based on tread depth;
  • If any work is needed, it’s carried out using only Ford quality parts;
  • FREE 1 Years Roadside Assistance (and Ford Roadside Assistance Service);.
  • oil and Filter Change

• 30 Point Ford eCheck

• Anti-freeze Check and Top-up

• Brake Fluid Check and Top-up

• Wndscreen Washer Check and Top-up

• Visual Brake Check (Wheels on)

• Power Steering Fluid Check and Top-up

• battery check

• Check and Adjust Tyre Pressure (On All Tyres)

• Reset service Light

• External Fuel Filter Change (diesel only)

• Brake Check (wheels off)

• Check and Advise on Transmission oil Level

• Steering Check

• Hunter Alignment Check
  • Wash and Vac

• Air filter or Pollen Filter change

1 hour ago, Tiexen said:

The Essential Service Includes:

• Full Service including labour and Parts (See below for breakdown)
  • 30 Point FORD eCHECK with complete video walkaround;
  • Free tyre rotation and repair (at customer request). We’ll also make recommendations on how to get optimal use out of your existing and new tyres based on tread depth;
  • If any work is needed, it’s carried out using only Ford quality parts;
  • FREE 1 Years Roadside Assistance (and Ford Roadside Assistance Service);.
  • Oil and Filter Change

• 30 Point Ford eCheck

• Anti-freeze Check and Top-up

• Brake Fluid Check and Top-up

• Wndscreen Washer Check and Top-up

• Visual Brake Check (Wheels on)

• Power Steering Fluid Check and Top-up

• Battery check

• Check and Adjust Tyre Pressure (On All Tyres)

• Reset Service Light

• External Fuel Filter Change (diesel only)

• Brake Check (wheels off)

• Check and Advise on Transmission Oil Level

• Steering Check

• Hunter Alignment Check
  • Wash and Vac

• Air filter or Pollen Filter change

Not a huge amount on that isn't normal maintenance and MOT or pointless just to add a sheet. Not a lot for your money.  I never get them to wash - seen too many dirty buckets and coming back with swirls.  Friend had one cleaned with a scourer (!) - that resulted in a dealer paid for full respray.

Interestingly, just removed air filter to measure and ensure I get the right one - and get part number off it.  And, well, its original and date stamped a couple of months before the car was born.  The oil filter will be interesting, and no idea where one service 6.5L of oil went!!!!

DIY the only way (sadly!)

The current air filter is labelled CN119601AD which searching on eBay shows that ID tied with 1803059 (e.g. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272379100999

Which appears to be the £89 kit linked above (referenced part number 1803059 and pic looks the same and ends in 01AD)

2 hours ago, Tiexen said:

47 minutes ago, Marmite _Mayhem said:

Not a huge amount on that isn't normal maintenance and MOT or pointless just to add a sheet. Not a lot for your money.  I never get them to wash - seen too many dirty buckets and coming back with swirls.  Friend had one cleaned with a scourer (!) - that resulted in a dealer paid for full respray.

Interestingly, just removed air filter to measure and ensure I get the right one - and get part number off it.  And, well, its original and date stamped a couple of months before the car was born.  The oil filter will be interesting, and no idea where one service 6.5L of oil went!!!!

DIY the only way (sadly!)

I don't think it's such bad value, particularly if the breakdown cover is of use to you. Depends to a large extent on how you rate your dealer I guess - I'm lucky in having a decent one locally, they even do a decent wash!

I see you can have air or pollen filter in that service - I'm not sure you'd need air at 15,000 - I think the recommended interval is 37,500?

The £90 kit arrived today, and all items appear correct.  Phew

Will note part numbers for future!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club