Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.7 Puma Fuse Box Diagram Help

sleepyhimiko

Hey everyone, I'm currently doing a conversion on my mk4 fiesta to have a 1.7 puma engine and i've run into a slight problem with the loom I've been supplied. It only has 2 plug ports for the green and white plugs (C2 and C3) and I need a fuse box and loom that has a plug port for the black plug (C1). I was wondering what the black plug does and if I can get away with just plugging the white and green ones in? I've not been able to find anything online so thought i'd ask here

loom engine bay.jpg

puma fusebox.jpg

3 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

Hey everyone, I'm currently doing a conversion on my mk4 fiesta to have a 1.7 puma engine and i've run into a slight problem with the loom I've been supplied. It only has 2 plug ports for the green and white plugs (C2 and C3) and I need a fuse box and loom that has a plug port for the black plug (C1). I was wondering what the black plug does and if I can get away with just plugging the white and green ones in? I've not been able to find anything online so thought i'd ask here

loom engine bay.jpg

The picture doesn't seem to match your description.

You have a fusebox with C2 & C3 (both 20 pin connectors) and a loom with C1, C2 & C3 connectors (16pin connectors).

Do you want to try to mate the loom to fit the fusebox?

• Like 1

Just now, Dan62
3 hours ago, sleepyhimiko said:

loom engine bay.jpg

The picture doesn't seem to match your description.

You have a fusebox with C2 & C3 (both 20 pin connectors) and a loom with C1, C2 & C3 connectors (16pin connectors).

Do you want to try to mate the loom to fit the fusebox?

yeah the loom is the last piece of the puzzle for getting my fez running and its not compatible because it doesn't have the C1 plug port. trying to find a analog loom that has all 3

For my own curiosity I looked into what you are trying to do, seems to come down to a few things that are different between the 1999 Fiesta and 1997 Puma.

1 VSS / cable operated speedo.
2 Coolant temp. sensor wiring.
3 Instrument cluster
And the engine loom and ECU which you've swapped over already.

Did the instrument cluster come with the engine and I presume you're using the Puma gearbox with the cable operated speedo drive?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dan62

For my own curiosity I looked into what you are trying to do, seems to come down to a few things that are different between the 1999 Fiesta and 1997 Puma.

1 VSS / cable operated speedo.
2 Coolant temp. sensor wiring.
3 Instrument cluster
And the engine loom and ECU which you've swapped over already.

Did the instrument cluster come with the engine and I presume you're using the Puma gearbox with the cable operated speedo drive?

right so a little update! the loom from the 1997 puma fitted perfectly apart from the temp sensor wiring is missing from the injector loom bundle. I'm having another issue with the flywheel causing it not to start up fully, it cranks, fires up and then dies almost instantly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club