Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta advice mot failure

Kierannn

Hi, got a Fiesta zetec s mk6 pre-facelift and I'm after some advice. Car been taken for mot, failed on emissions test as overheated, headlights, advisories such as oil leak, handbrake, brakes cables corroded. Turns out the fan doesn't work at all, the oil cap was missing when I bought it and it has the wrong coolant cap. Not loosing water or oil, I've thrown money at it since buying and seems to be endless amounts of problems, petrol engine currently at 121k, is it worth fixing again or shall I break for parts?

Kieran 

Very much doubt if it's worth throwing any more money at it and probably not worth trying to sell it.   If you can get some of your cash back for parts that's probably the way to go.

I used to break cars for parts and being totally honest, I'm not sure there are many worth selling from a PFL ZS to make it worth the effort.  Wheels, seats and bumpers maybe, but they're probably all showing signs of age by now?

Can you post the exact failure list?  It could be worth getting it through MOT and then it selling it on instead.  

I should scrap it, it sounds as though it's not been very well maintained, oil cap missing from when you bought it and not been replaced straight away. Fan not working, that should have been done before it was used again. It's a good job we have Mot's.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club