Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus zetec s 2010 1.6tdci Grinding noise from passenger side.

Davezetecs20

Hi guys, need some help last 2 weeks I have been getting a grinding noise when I make a right turn but when I make a left turn nothing happens all fine slow or fast speed. So it's like I go round a roundabout I feel a light jerk then the grinding noise happens but when I straighten up it goes away but at low speeds it doesn't happen. I had the car up on ramps today checked all the usuals ball joints, track rods, arms, anti roll bar etc all solid no scrapes, marks anything. Does anyone have an idea what this could be? Cheers guys 

8 hours ago, troy45 said:

Could it be CV joint related?

The boots looked ok no obvious wear marks or cuts in the rubber, but al get another look tonight once am home from work. 

Usually if the boot has gone you'd know about it once you had a look - tends to throw grease all around the wheelarch area 😬

On 5/28/2021 at 10:15 PM, troy45 said:

Usually if the boot has gone you'd know about it once you had a look - tends to throw grease all around the wheelarch area 😬

Yeah was looking for that myself. Got the car up not a drop of grease and cvs and boots are all fine 🤔 but drove it this morning and it done it yet can't see anything am so confused to what that noise is 😕 

Wheel bearing or CV joint. Start with the wheel bearing they are cheap and easy to replace.

On 5/30/2021 at 1:46 PM, unofix said:

Wheel bearing or CV joint. Start with the wheel bearing they are cheap and easy to replace.

Ok al maybe replace both CVs and wheelbearings just to be 100% sure then. Appreciate the help guys 👍🏻 once I get paid this month and get them done and give you an update. Thanks again 👍🏻