Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

Hi All,  I checked my account details this evening and there are new Sync3 and map updates available.  After the debacle of trying to update the previous sync system and map plates to F9, taking hours and costing half a tank of petrol, and culminating in  the loss of DAB logos,I wonder if anybody else has received them and updated successfully?

I went through Ford Customer services in the end last time and eventually got them to arrange for my dealer to contact Ford Technical and restore my DAB logos for me, free of charge.  I also got my next service free for my trouble.  I’m dreading this again.

I am aware of the cyanlabs updates some of you have done, but I have an extended warranty which I don’t want to jeopardise!

Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

The update has appeared for me too. Downloading now. I expect it will be version 3.4.21020, I'll confirm when it's completed.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Is this the 1.7GB update that's showing available ?

Yes. 1.6G sync update with maps to follow.

39 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

The update has appeared for me too. Downloading now. I expect it will be version 3.4.21020, I'll confirm when it's completed.

Hey, do you know of anything new in 3.4.21020?

Mines showing there is a 3.3gb update, not 1.7gb

Download complete.

It's Sync 3.4.21020. There's an updated voice recognition package and an updated Gracenote package but yet again no DAB logo package included.

I don't know why this should be because the DAB logo file is included in the 21020 Edge update.

2021-05-28.thumb.png.ca794a638ca16c4884df97622bde9b34.png

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, simps100 said:

Hey, do you know of anything new in 3.4.21020?

Nothing new, just bug fixes as far as I can tell.

Strange, mine is only 950 MB and slightly different.1265417469_Screenshot(315).thumb.png.e09b092c26e747213b942b2685d1e7d9.png

17 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Strange, mine is only 950 MB and slightly different.1265417469_Screenshot(315).thumb.png.e09b092c26e747213b942b2685d1e7d9.png

Yeah, definitely different packages depending on what was previously installed.

Yours includes Sync 3.4.21020 (5U5T-14G381-ER) and the latest DAB logo file (1U5T-14G658-AF) but no updated Gracenote or Voice Recognition packages.

• Thanks 1

I've installed this latest Sync update and I'm now on 3.4.21020. I'd also manually installed the F10 map update a little while back.

No major changes to report, Sync looks and feels much the same as 3.4.20351.

I uploaded the log file to Ford and the site says my software and maps are all up to date.

• Like 2

Hi Colin

Will it be contain the same 3.4.21020 files I installed from Cyanlabs last month along with F10 maps or could there be slight changes ?. Have you tried the new 3.4.21098 update yet from cyanlabs.

Manny Thanks

56 minutes ago, NortonSS said:

Hi Colin

Will it be contain the same 3.4.21020 files I installed from Cyanlabs last month along with F10 maps or could there be slight changes ?. Have you tried the new 3.4.21098 update yet from cyanlabs.

Manny Thanks

Hi Geoff,

Yes, these will be the same files as the ones you installed from Cyanlabs. They all come direct from Ford’s servers. Cyanlabs updater downloads them, generates a corresponding autoinstall file and creates the USB drive. Ford just packages them all together in a zip file.
I have tried 21098 and didn’t really notice any difference over 21020.

Cheers,

Col

The 1.6Gb update to 3.4.21020 completed no issue as far as i can see, now downloading 23.7gb maps update.

13 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Download complete.

It's Sync 3.4.21020. There's an updated voice recognition package and an updated Gracenote package but yet again no DAB logo package included.

I don't know why this should be because the DAB logo file is included in the 21020 Edge update.

Hi, does this mean Dab logo are missing after update?

5 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Hi, does this mean Dab logo are missing after update?

Hi Andy,

Not necessarily. I already had the latest logo file installed so it wasn’t in my download.

@Tizer(John) did have the logo file in his download so it looks like Ford are including the latest logo file for those who need it.

Great. My car is new soo expect I have the latest file. 

• Like 1

All downloaded car updated but don’t appear to be getting the confirmation file for Ford? 

CF3E346D-2DBE-4311-A3CD-F1FA6A8A3147.jpeg

14 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Download complete.

Just downloaded the latest sync update from the Ford site and as you can see its the same as your list apart from missing the 5U5T-14G391-AN.tar.gz file.

Whats the purpose of that missing file ?

20AD1F52-B1A6-40CF-A963-33008945A2A9.jpeg

Do you need to download and install the whole maps file OR can you chose UK ONLY? 

The maps download is so slow!! 

or is it just me? 

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

The maps download is so slow!! 

or is it just me? 

Not just you, it took over 3 hours for me, dreading put it in the car now. Living 10 miles from Bolton I'm not supposed to travel anywhere far enough for it to install, unless I go between M61 J6 and J7 in a loop all day 🤣

I’m sitting in the car with iPad watching football!😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PLB said:

Just downloaded the latest sync update from the Ford site and as you can see its the same as your list apart from missing the 5U5T-14G391-AN.tar.gz file.

Whats the purpose of that missing file ?

20AD1F52-B1A6-40CF-A963-33008945A2A9.jpeg

Hi Paul, the file missing from your download is the latest voice recognition file.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club