Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

Checked my account this morning and it now says my software is up to date.  All I’ve done is download the sync update onto a usb stick!  Could it have been done as an automatic update overnight?

2 minutes ago, SteveP1041 said:

Checked my account this morning and it now says my software is up to date.  All I’ve done is download the sync update onto a usb stick!  Could it have been done as an automatic update overnight?

It seems the update is no longer available for now. @Alex.S had the same problem this morning too.

It's still showing as available for my wife's Fiesta just now.

Thank you! 

38 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Gerard,

Built 2017 so definitely Sync 3.0.

I’ve no idea why the update isn’t working for you. The files and layout look fine to me.

I know you’ve tried three different USB sticks but it might be worth trying a different one from one of the big brand names like SanDisk or Kingston if you haven’t before. Although generic USB drives are fine for music some people on other forums have had problems getting an update to run from them.

Even though Ford Sync USB ports are only 2.0 speed the install will complete quicker if you use a USB 3.0 drive.

Cheers,

Col.

Cheers col, tried it again this morning and I'm getting the updating message, been like that for an hour now, should it take this long?

10 minutes ago, Sucof drof said:

Cheers col, tried it again this morning and I'm getting the updating message, been like that for an hour now, should it take this long?

Yes, I would expect around an hour or so for this update. It's installing app, voice and gracenote packages which total around 3gb.

42 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yes, I would expect around an hour or so for this update. It's installing app, voice and gracenote packages which total around 3gb.

Cheers for all your help col, updated now, took it for a spin and it's updated now, appreciate your time and patience 

38 minutes ago, Sucof drof said:

Cheers for all your help col, updated now, took it for a spin and it's updated now, appreciate your time and patience 

No problem, glad you got it updated 👍🏼

30 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

No problem, glad you got it updated 👍🏼

So reading back through this thread l thought l was up to date tbh! My build number is 20351 which l updated a few weeks ago but after l sent Ford the log file l was informed that l had a map update to the tune of 8GB, l went through the same procedure but l kept getting the MEM_ERR caption appear! I’ve read on a few other threads that this download was a mistake by Ford, can anyone confirm this?

1 minute ago, soprano54 said:

So reading back through this thread l thought l was up to date tbh! My build number is 20351 which l updated a few weeks ago but after l sent Ford the log file l was informed that l had a map update to the tune of 8GB, l went through the same procedure but l kept getting the MEM_ERR caption appear! I’ve read on a few other threads that this download was a mistake by Ford, can anyone confirm this?

Hi Andy,

That 8GB map update does seem to have been a mistake on Ford’s part. Looking at the files showed they were voice navigation packages. It seemed to only be offered to people who had automatic updates enabled and downloaded F9 maps over the car’s built in Wi-Fi.

The latest Sync version now has the build number 21020. I was offered it from the Ford Sync update site on Friday. After that was installed and the log was uploaded I was offered the F10 maps download.

A few people on here have updated both Sync & Maps but it now looks like the update is no longer available for the moment. One other user was offered the update last night but didn’t download it, checked back this morning and got the ‘already up to date’ message 🤔 

20 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Andy,

That 8GB map update does seem to have been a mistake on Ford’s part. Looking at the files showed they were voice navigation packages. It seemed to only be offered to people who had automatic updates enabled and downloaded F9 maps over the car’s built in Wi-Fi.

The latest Sync version now has the build number 21020. I was offered it from the Ford Sync update site on Friday. After that was installed and the log was uploaded I was offered the F10 maps download.

A few people on here have updated both Sync & Maps but it now looks like the update is no longer available for the moment. One other user was offered the update last night but didn’t download it, checked back this morning and got the ‘already up to date’ message 🤔 

Colin many thanx for the heads up, l’ll just have to be patient then!🤷🏻‍♂️ I’ll check the Ford Sync website and see what they are offering, just for info l’ve still got F9 maps but they’ve been slightly updated as l noticed a slight change on the Huntingdon by-pass (A14) a week or so ago.

• Like 1

I’ve just checked the Sync update site and it’s telling me that my car is up to date but it is still telling l’ve got a 8GB map update! I’ll leave it for a few days and see what happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soprano54 said:

I’ve just checked the Sync update site and it’s telling me that my car is up to date but it is still telling l’ve got a 8GB map update! I’ll leave it for a few days and see what happens.

🙋 me too!! Offered me a proper update last night , I’m no really in a hurry to be fair but the Ford navigation definitely needs improving ! I’ve been on some unnecessary routes , whether I select fastest or shortest when the route from Ford is neither. Central belt @colinmcg71....shocking. 

18 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Hi Andy,

Having read your post it also seems the 8GB update has vanished into thin air since being available on Friday. It's now saying both maps and software are currently up to date. 👍

Updated sync fine the day it was released. Have the map updates on USB ready to install when I have more time. Checked the Ford site, says Sync is up to date and says there is is 23.7gb map update available. So it's still been offered to me, at least the map update.

• Like 1

Is F10 maps a two part update? Took about 1 hour to install and then restarted but started the update again. It says I'm on F10 maps, is it just trying to install it again? I wish ford would make this simpler.

Just to add that I've now finally been able to switch local hazard information on. Whether this was to do with the map updates or me getting in contact with Ford about local hazard information over the weekend (was passed on to support who are still to get in touch) I don't know. 

After downloading what I assumed was a Sync update, (SYNC3_161088244_Update.zip) Ford now tell me it is up to date, but I have an 8G map update. Went to download this only to find that it is the one offered a few weeks ago (Map_8160020693_Update.zip).

Previously this has failed with the MEM_ERR01 message.

Ford really need to get their act together with this!

2 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

After downloading what I assumed was a Sync update, (SYNC3_161088244_Update.zip) Ford now tell me it is up to date, but I have an 8G map update. Went to download this only to find that it is the one offered a few weeks ago (Map_8160020693_Update.zip).

Previously this has failed with the MEM_ERR01 message.

Ford really need to get their act together with this!

Yeah Mick, it’s been quite a poor show really. It seems the map license file is missing from some folks F10 downloads preventing install altogether.

3 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

me getting in contact with Ford about local hazard information

I’ve a 69 plate. The FordPass people tell me I’m unable to get LHI.

I have live traffic. I’ve emailed them regarding me having to start paying for it in October after the 2 years complimentary is up, and whether I have to pay the same for live traffic as owners who have live traffic AND LHI ....no reply. 
I can’t be the only owner in this position? 

21 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve a 69 plate. The FordPass people tell me I’m unable to get LHI.

I have live traffic. I’ve emailed them regarding me having to start paying for it in October after the 2 years complimentary is up, and whether I have to pay the same for live traffic as owners who have live traffic AND LHI ....no reply. 
I can’t be the only owner in this position? 

I've got a 20 plate and now have local hazard to on. I don't know if the new update or me contacting them made this happen though. The price is one price, you either pay it or ask for a reduction. 

Just now, shawty1984 said:

I've got a 20 plate and now have local hazard to on. I don't know if the new update or me contacting them made this happen though. The price is one price, you either pay it or ask for a reduction. 

They’ve not replied. They probably don’t even know. I’m assuming it’s the hardware in the car (modem) . If it was software it’d just be an update. Was your LHI listed but greyed out? I’ve never had it listed. Do you think LHI might be there to replace live traffic? 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

The price is one price, you either pay it or ask for a reduction. 

That’s pretty much what I’ve asked them via email 

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

They’ve not replied. They probably don’t even know. I’m assuming it’s the hardware in the car (modem) . If it was software it’d just be an update. Was your LHI listed but greyed out? I’ve never had it listed. Do you think LHI might be there to replace live traffic? 

Yes you need the correct modem in the car I believe. Yes, always had LHI listed but greyed out. No, they are two separate things, bundled in one package. If you go to your account and subscriptions on the Ford site, it states what they are. 

• Thanks 1

I had a look at the website thanks Andrew, so LHI is in addition to live traffic. Seems like a bit of a blunder by Ford not fitting the correct modem to earlier mk4s . It’s something I’ve used more recently although can be slow to change traffic that’s already cleared up. . Definitely some good warnings. I’ll probably pay for it come October even though no LHI. They’ll be relying on owners like me to pay up every month. On the down side, Ford navigation takes some ridiculous routes. Not shorter or faster, not tried Eco routes yet. It’s algorithms not working properly. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I had a look at the website thanks Andrew, so LHI is in addition to live traffic. Seems like a bit of a blunder by Ford not fitting the correct modem to earlier mk4s . It’s something I’ve used more recently although can be slow to change traffic that’s already cleared up. . Definitely some good warnings. I’ll probably pay for it come October even though no LHI. They’ll be relying on owners like me to pay up every month. On the down side, Ford navigation takes some ridiculous routes. Not shorter or faster, not tried Eco routes yet. It’s algorithms not working properly. 

Same here, looks like I also have the earlier modem as i don't get the LHI listed as an option.

I chose to pay the monthly sub but disappointed and annoyed that I only get half the subscribed services.

I wonder whats involved in upgrading the modem to the later version.

I have a problem with the 23gb map update.

Everything was going fine, did the first part OK,  then it started the second part and displayed "Updating System Software" as normal, but after a while this went off, it did not ask me to remove the USB. 

Problem was I then got home and parked the car, leaving the USB drive in, went out today and again for a brief second I got "Updating System Software" then

MEM-ERR01  and download files again which I didn't do just formatted the USB and unpacked the zip file again, and it's still saying the same thing.

IMG_20210602_095845.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club