Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

Phew . . . . . . I’ve just managed to update my Sync system to build no 21020 and F10 maps, deep joy!

I’ve stupidly used a USB stick without formatting it. Thought I was downloading the new sync. Turns out I’ve downloaded an old update and now have Build 20136. 😞

I can’t even auto download in my drive as it’s saying software up to date. 

it’s fair to say it’s been a crap day. 

26 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve stupidly used a USB stick without formatting it

When you do format it, best to do a full format not a quick format. I've had problems when I have just done a quick format and had to start from scratch to get the download to take.

8 minutes ago, Tizer said:

When you do format it, best to do a full format not a quick format. I've had problems when I have just done a quick format and had to start from scratch to get the download to take.

I’ll try that. I’ve really messed up on this one. I’ve got the files unzipped on the stick , cars not recognising it . No idea why. 

After unzipping the update it doesn’t show size of file..the original showed the 3.3gb . Is that relevant? The syncmyride files too. 

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

I’ll try that. I’ve really messed up on this one. I’ve got the files unzipped on the stick , cars not recognising it . No idea why. 

Could you post a couple of screenshots of the layout of your usb drive. One showing what’s outside the SyncMyRide folder and one showing what’s inside the SyncMyRide folder.

They should look like this:

Outside 

30B5DBE9-ADE5-4BA8-9B41-9BCC729218FD.thumb.jpeg.3176e1b7de976d77b4f8cd679b956e2a.jpeg

Inside 

3FF810C9-3822-4DE0-84C0-B091A6AC3BE7.thumb.png.e43f68e3873bbbd8211e75fc28e6d019.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

Could you post a couple of screenshots 

Will do. Thanks 

• Like 1

Cyanlabs... You can load what version you want...up and down grade

8 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Will do. Thanks 

autoinstall.lst is missing 

ED12CB03-79FF-4CFA-9058-FF966034ACBB.jpeg

03A2BD38-1F4F-47CB-85CF-A01646D639D0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Alex.S said:

autoinstall.lst is missing 

ED12CB03-79FF-4CFA-9058-FF966034ACBB.jpeg

03A2BD38-1F4F-47CB-85CF-A01646D639D0.jpeg

Ah, that’ll be why nothing happens when you plug your usb stick in. 
Have you still got the 21020 update zipped package? If you have, unzip it again to get the autoinstall.lst file and copy it to the root of your usb stick.

All the other files in your SyncMyRide folder are correct for the update to 21020 although there are a couple of duplicates with _1 at the end. They can safely be deleted.

Hope it goes well this time.

13 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

Ah, that’ll be why nothing happens when you plug your usb stick in. 
Have you still got the 21020 update zipped package? If you have, unzip it again to get the autoinstall.lst file and copy it to the root of your usb stick.

All the other files in your SyncMyRide folder are correct for the update to 21020 although there are a couple of duplicates with _1 at the end. They can safely be deleted.

Hope it goes well this time.

Ok, couldnae make this up. I started from scratch, downloaded from Ford, extracted straight to usb stick, put in car..sorted. Then…

thought I’ll format the stick and get the maps. Formatted stick, back into ford website…needs a fkn log file! 
I’m now extracting the 3gb update again hoping I can salvage a log file!

Will that be possible? And where /what is the log file?

Says a XML file. 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

The log file is written to the USB stick when the update finishes, if you have reformatted the stick, the log file is gone.

You can use Interrogator to produce the log file: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/instructions/sync/ - go to 'Troubleshooting', it will give you a link to the interrogator.

Follow the instructions on the Ford web site - they do work!!!

Also, download the instructions to do the Sync and Map updates - it does tell you to take the USB stick out when the update is done and upload the log file to Ford.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

As @Sneezy24 said you can download a standalone interrogator (log file generator) from the Troubleshooting section of the Sync update page.

Once you’ve plugged that in the Update Completed message will show in under a minute.

The xml file will be inside the SyncMyRide folder and will start with Sync and the serial number of your car’s APIM.

Here’s how mine looked

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help 😊. Extracting the interrogator file was key. Then finding the file in syncmyride. 

Maps next! Lol 

tbf it’s actually not that difficult. I’m just thick 

so 

1. Download from website

2. Extract to stick

3. Put stick in car

4. Find log file.

Simple! That’s a reminder for me lol

9A23FBCF-88D2-431B-B1F1-678E3B631BD3.jpeg

• Like 1

Says up to 80 minutes in car for the 22GB F10 maps. Did it take the full 80mins? 

3 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Says up to 80 minutes in car for the 22GB F10 maps. Did it take the full 80mins? 

It’s going to be closer to two hours unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

It’s going to be closer to two hours unfortunately.

£60 of petrol.  Never mind the time! 

• Sad 2

It's absolutely ridiculous. Why just why can't they just do updates like the old style sat navs did.

2 hours to put a map update on.

Think I'll be sticking with F9 maps for a while as I don't tend to use it anyway.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wino said:

It's absolutely ridiculous. Why just why can't they just do updates like the old style sat navs did.

2 hours to put a map update on.

Think I'll be sticking with F9 maps for a while as I don't tend to use it anyway.

I kinda agree, it would have been better if the maps were still on removable media.  They should have had a dedicated USB 3 slot hidden away, then you could do the update at home  and no need to drive or have the engine on for hours.

• Like 1

3 hours into the download now of maps from Ford and up to 11GB, only another 3 hours to go.

I wish I could get faster broadband.☹️

Computer crashed the 1st time I got to 11GB and had to start again, hope I fixed my computer problem, or I'll be sticking with F9 maps.

• Sad 1

It took me almost 48hrs to download the F9 maps via the mobile wifi connection 😮 That was after a day or two of stop starting ( not Stop start before you all get carried away 😄)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wino said:

It took me almost 48hrs to download the F9 maps via the mobile wifi connection 😮 That was after a day or two of stop starting ( not Stop start before you all get carried away 😄)

Mobile wifi connection? Was that the complimentary 100gb data from Vodafone? 
I got F9 OTA. Seems my house wifi now has a weaker signal now than then. 

Edited by Alex.S

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club