Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

Spent over 2 hours trying to install F10, only to get error PKG_03.  Tried the online support chat line. I was asked what browser I used.  Microsoft edge with Bing as default browser I replied.  That’s no good, you must use Firefox or Chrome came the reply.  FFS what are Ford playing at?   Can anybody help me? Thanks

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Mobile wifi connection? Was that the complimentary 100gb data from Vodafone? 
I got F9 OTA. Seems my house wifi now has a weaker signal now than then. 

No it's how we had internet for the last 7yrs. Unlimited usage on both phones and a spare phone used solely as a hotspot. Worked a treat until you have something large to download 😄

We now have Broadband as our rolling contracts are due to end in a couple of months and there has been no phone line at this property for 15/20 yrs.

34 minutes ago, SteveP1041 said:

I was asked what browser I used.  Microsoft edge with Bing as default browser I replied.  That’s no good, you must use Firefox or Chrome came the reply

I would be surprised if that was true. I have not done F10 yet but F9 worked fine downloaded on Edge for me and so did Sync 21021.

I would be interested to hear either way if anyone else has used Edge successfully or not.

5 minutes ago, Wino said:

No it's how we had internet for the last 7yrs. Unlimited usage on both phones and a spare phone used solely as a hotspot. Worked a treat until you have something large to download 😄

We now have Broadband as our rolling contracts are due to end in a couple of months and there has been no phone line at this property for 15/20 yrs.

Left the spare phone in the car? As a hotspot? For F9 I was getting a few minutes connected to the house wifi a few times a day. Took a week! Big files tho. 
The pc I’ve access too hasn’t enough space to download F10. Brothers pc does tho. He’s an hour away , I’ll tie in the 2 hour car download with that trip I guess. 

Apologies for going slightly off topic, Ford have released F10 maps for Sync Firmware 3.4 are they likely to release F10 maps for those of us still on Sync 3.0 or have we reached the end of support for the early versions?

22 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Left the spare phone in the car? As a hotspot? For F9 I was getting a few minutes connected to the house wifi a few times a day. Took a week! Big files tho. 
The pc I’ve access too hasn’t enough space to download F10. Brothers pc does tho. He’s an hour away , I’ll tie in the 2 hour car download with that trip I guess. 

Nah. Downloaded the F9 via the Laptop connected to the phone wifi thats why it took so long and like you mentioned earlier it didn't help that it kept getting stuck at around 5GB so had to keep restarting as it wouldn't refresh. Eventually it managed to download it one go so had to leave the laptop and phones on charge overnight as to not lose connection.

Once it was downloaded and onto the memory stuck it was fine. No issues other than finding somewhere to drive at the time.

• Like 1

Just unzipped F10 map on and I’m missing the Dontindx.Msa anybody any ideas 

35 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Just unzipped F10 map on and I’m missing the Dontindx.Msa anybody any ideas 

Not needed as I understand it.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:19 PM, Tizer said:

I would be surprised if that was true. I have not done F10 yet but F9 worked fine downloaded on Edge for me and so did Sync 21021.

I would be interested to hear either way if anyone else has used Edge successfully or not.

I have Edge and downloaded sync 3.4 and F10 no issues.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Not needed as I understand it.

Where did you read that?

40 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

Where did you read that?

It’s just a blank file, nothing in it at all. It just tells Sync not to index the files on the USB drive so the update starts quicker.

You can create your own by making a blank text file in notepad and save it with the file type set to ‘all files’ and name it DONTINDX.MSA (all capitals)

So it’s fine just plug in and update without it 

9 minutes ago, DaveG1975 said:

So it’s fine just plug in and update without it 

Yes, no problem 👍🏼

How many files should you have in SyncMyRide folder I have 18 is that correct 

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

I've just downloaded mine and there are 18 files too. I never got the DONTINDEX  file either.

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

18? Mine had 16. Wonder what your extra two are?

58 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

18? Mine had 16. Wonder what your extra two are?

Here are my 18.300854240_Screenshot(317).thumb.png.035418dbf1dd1e003e70a11260733495.png

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tizer said:

Here are my 18.300854240_Screenshot(317).thumb.png.035418dbf1dd1e003e70a11260733495.png

Ah, that makes sense. The two files starting with H check software and hardware version before install. They will be the first two items in autoinstall.lst

Thanks for posting the screenshot 

• Like 1

Will have ago installing tomorrow as it’s takes around 2 hours 

• Like 1

See the 2hrs in car download time, is it a case of if I turn the ignition off at any point it’ll go back to the start? When I downloaded F9 it was OTA , got it bit by bit , took up where it left off every time. 

Has anyone discovered a solution to the MEM_ERRO1 code?? Thanks 

41 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Has anyone discovered a solution to the MEM_ERRO1 code?? Thanks 

I have a case ongoing with ford, they are due to contact me again on the 16th.

3 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I have a case ongoing with ford, they are due to contact me again on the 16th.

I’m glad it’s not just me.

I updated the sync 3 from the Ford website. No issues.

Then did all the Map updates Over Wi-fi as the Ford site suddenly said no further updates.

so took about 5 days and then no further updates over Wi-fi,

went back to Ford update site and noticed a new update for maps. 8.9gb I think.

down loaded I’d and I get MEM_ERR01 as well.

tried downloading it 3 times and various usb sticks.

so what Ford have done I have no idea 😩

On 6/2/2021 at 2:45 PM, Sneezy24 said:

I am currently on 3.4, Build 20351. Ford says Sync is up to date, but that I need maps (8G - Map_8160020693_Update.zip).

Last time I tried this map update, I got ERR01.

I am now preparing a map update from Cyan labs (F10 - maps only), will this install???? 

Same error as me,

everything up to date before. Ford put this update and I can’t use it. 

3 hours ago, Daz-UK said:

I’m glad it’s not just me.

I updated the sync 3 from the Ford website. No issues.

Then did all the Map updates Over Wi-fi as the Ford site suddenly said no further updates.

so took about 5 days and then no further updates over Wi-fi,

went back to Ford update site and noticed a new update for maps. 8.9gb I think.

down loaded I’d and I get MEM_ERR01 as well.

tried downloading it 3 times and various usb sticks.

so what Ford have done I have no idea 😩

I’m similar, sync updated no problem but the maps won’t work. At first I was being offered a 21gb map file and now it’s changed to 8.6 but it won’t take either. Ford haven’t been very helpful so far, They told me to change usb and use Google chrome but it’s made no difference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club