New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

6 hours to download direct to a computer

Dial up modem? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Alex.S said:

Dial up modem? 

It sure felt like it. I guess the problem is the Ford servers, its not the first time I've had really slow downloads from Ford.

Just now, unofix said:

It sure felt like it. I guess the problem is the Ford servers, its not the first time I've had really slow downloads from Ford.

That last one F10 i was using my bros PC it’s a cracker ,fast broadband too. Download failed after 2 hrs several times.  Took best part of a day. He’s a computer guy for a living , said it’s at fords end. 🤷‍♂️What I do know is I’m fed up downloading stuff! 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sneezy24 said:

I thought I did the F10 maps a few weeks ago by OTA (had problems doing it with USB stick).

Software versions reports 3.4 Build 21020.

Maps are F10

Just been offered the 2.6G Sync updates, while I was checking the current levels, noticed the car is OTA-ing 5U5T-14G392....tar.gz this is part of the 2.6G download. It also says there are map updates after I have done the Sync update.

The 5U5T file above seems to be the biggest file (1.7G-ish). If I now plug in the USB stick with all the files I assume it will use what it has done for itself so far?

Any ideas what the map update will be? F11?????

Also, is there any way I can keep the ignition alive so I can get OTA quicker?

This has finally completed, upload the .xml to Ford and it is happy, and has now offered Map updates (downloaded, prepping a USB stick).

So my Sync 3 is 21194 now, maps report F10, I'll let you know what they become once I get them installed!!!

• Like 1

After weeks of being told by the Ford website, customer support and my dealer that my Sync was up to date despite being on v3.3 with F8 maps I had another go at updating when I read on here about 21194 suddenly being available.  Sure enough I was offered an update which has installed fine.  I did have a sinking feeling when the display said Update Completed.  My GPS icon had a red line through it and I'd lost my radio icons.  Stopping the engine, switching off ignition and restarting made no difference.  But stopping, getting out of car, locking doors then getting back in and restarting got everything hunky-dory.  Thank goodness for this forum and no thanks to Ford.  Now I've just got to find an excuse to go on a few longer journeys and install the maps I've downloaded ... making sure I can top up with diesel afterwards!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:43 PM, Tolly said:

Now I've just got to find an excuse to go on a few longer journeys and install the maps I've downloaded ...

The map updates don't have to be installed all in one go. Just stick the USB pen in and leave it untill it completes. If you have to stop and switch off the only thing that happens is any part file thats installed gets cancelled and restarted from the begining next time you restart the car. The map update folder contains many files of diffrent sizes so it may take a few trips before it finishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, unofix said:

The map updates don't have to be installed all in one go. Just stick the USB pen in and leave it untill it completes. If you have to stop and switch off the only thing that happens is any part file thats installed gets cancelled and restarted from the begining next time you restart the car. The map update folder contains many files of diffrent sizes so it may take a few trios before it finishes.

Cheers for that, though one trip through the Dartford Tunnel on a Friday evening should give me more than enough time to install in one go!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tolly said:

Cheers for that, though one trip through the Dartford Tunnel on a Friday evening should give me more than enough time to install in one go!

Dude the maps will be out of date again by the time you make it through that worm hole!!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hearsepilot said:

Dude the maps will be out of date again by the time you make it through that worm hole!!

He should be ok. There are no plans to move the Dartford Tunnel.

• Haha 1

I have tried this update and it just keeps cycling through the same process. The first part installed ok but now it asks to  turn engine off, open door, lock car and then restart engine and the whole process just starts again, it will not complete. Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, JeffAl said:

The first part installed ok but now it asks to  turn engine off, open door, lock car and then restart engine and the whole process just starts again

Yes I've had that happen. I took the USB out mid cycle (your not surpposed to) which as expected caused the system to have a fit. When I then put it back in the next day it finished the update without a problem.

19 minutes ago, JeffAl said:

I have tried this update and it just keeps cycling through the same process. The first part installed ok but now it asks to  turn engine off, open door, lock car and then restart engine and the whole process just starts again, it will not complete. Any ideas?

I had that, iirc it actually was complete. If the websites ready to get the log file your sorted..

• Like 1

Since my update to 21194 it seems to me that my maps take longer to load (still on F8 not F10 yet).  Has that been other people's experience?  One thing that has changed is when traffic bulletins cut in I used to get a pop up window giving me the option to cancel (which I found handy) but that doesn't happen now.

4 hours ago, Tolly said:

(still on F8 not F10 yet)

Time to update, your using a newer version software with very old maps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tolly said:

Since my update to 21194 it seems to me that my maps take longer to load (still on F8 not F10 yet).  Has that been other people's experience?  One thing that has changed is when traffic bulletins cut in I used to get a pop up window giving me the option to cancel (which I found handy) but that doesn't happen now.

I don’t ever use radio but is there not a button to turn that off? TA or something? 

I like to have TA on but often pick up BBC Kent or London travel news in Essex.  The Cancel button was a quick way to silence the bulletin if not going that way.  A quick flick of the station change button on the stalk usually has the same effect .... but occasionally changes station as well if my timing is out!

7 minutes ago, Tolly said:

I like to have TA on but often pick up BBC Kent or London travel news in Essex.  The Cancel button was a quick way to silence the bulletin if not going that way.  A quick flick of the station change button on the stalk usually has the same effect .... but occasionally changes station as well if my timing is out!

What is TA? 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

What is TA? 

Its like saying Thank You 😀

Or

Traffic Announcement

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

What is TA? 

Traffic Announcements

• Like 1

Kinda need Traffic Announcements when Fords Live Traffic is hit and miss at best! 

I posted earlier that maps seem to take longer to load at start up after updating to 21194.  That was with old maps F8 but it is still slow loading now I've installed F10.

Hi I agree they are a little slower to load, possibly because the file size is bigger. What can sometimes help is if you do a Master Reset, not sure why that often improves the speed but it does.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 2:36 PM, Sneezy24 said:

This has finally completed, upload the .xml to Ford and it is happy, and has now offered Map updates (downloaded, prepping a USB stick).

So my Sync 3 is 21194 now, maps report F10, I'll let you know what they become once I get them installed!!!

.. which has failed ERR001......

On 10/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, Sneezy24 said:

.. which has failed ERR001......

So I took the USB stick out, plugged it back in, no complaints from the system.

Did a longish drive yesterday, got to destination, just about to switch off when it said 'Installation complete, remove USB stick and update will complete next time it is started' (or words to that effect). Did that, again no complaints from system, checked USB stick - no XML file...

Ran Interrogator, uploaded the XML to Ford (it said I still needed a Map update, but SYNC3 was uptodate), it accepted the file, and now says I am uptodate....

Am I? Map is still F10....

How can I analyse the XML file to see if I really am uptodate on maps??

Confused!!!!

F10 is the latest map and 21194 is the latest version of Sync, so you seem to be up to date.

It also appears that you were up to date before you installed whatever was on the USB stick this time. The updates contain several files and it is possible to get into a position where only some of them have been updated. Perhaps your latest install has updated voice files or Gracenote which wouldn't change the map or software version numbers.

If the Ford site says that you are up to date after you uploaded the xml file then you will have the latest versions of all the parts of the Sync and map software.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club