Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

Just updated my Focus from build no 21020 to 21194, only a 2. something MB update, so didn’t take long. Once finished l plugged in my USB to my PC to get a log file and according to Ford l’m now up to date, l must admit l was expecting a map update!🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sure is been asked and answered before but:

If I do a full format and install via Cyanlabs , will I at a later date just be able to update via the ford website in the normal way or I'm a committed to using Cyanlabs forever.

On 9/15/2021 at 6:44 PM, DaveG1975 said:

Just updated mine of the Ford site no problems at all 

Any noticeable changes? 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, Alex.S said:

Any noticeable changes? 

The only thing l’ve noticed is that on the Audio page bit l’ve got the DAB station icons back, before l just had them on the Home page!

On 9/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, Mark-UK said:

at a later date just be able to update via the ford website in the normal way or I'm a committed to using Cyanlabs forever

I have used Cyanlabs and then later the Ford site. Didn't have any problems (other than what everyone has with the Ford site). Seems as far as I can tell to make no difference to the Ford site if you have previously used Cyanlabs

• Like 1

Anyone managed to get this 2.6GB update OTA ? 
Also with OTA downloads do I have to get a log file? Like with USB method? I forget. 

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Anyone managed to get this 2.6GB update OTA ? 
Also with OTA downloads do I have to get a log file? Like with USB method? I forget. 

As far as l know you won’t get a log file doing the update OTA! When l did my first update OTA l just informed Ford that l was up to date.

Done the Sync 3.0 update to 3.0.20204 and then the F10 map update, no issues via USB stick, although you need a least 32GB USB stick for the map update.

Something came up and I’ve had to  take the usb stick out early on this recent 2.6gb update. When I plug it back in will it pick up where it left off ? Or is it back to the start? How long is the update thru usb? 

Just done the update on mine yesterday. It took 24 minutes 

• Thanks 1

I thought I did the F10 maps a few weeks ago by OTA (had problems doing it with USB stick).

Software versions reports 3.4 Build 21020.

Maps are F10

Just been offered the 2.6G Sync updates, while I was checking the current levels, noticed the car is OTA-ing 5U5T-14G392....tar.gz this is part of the 2.6G download. It also says there are map updates after I have done the Sync update.

The 5U5T file above seems to be the biggest file (1.7G-ish). If I now plug in the USB stick with all the files I assume it will use what it has done for itself so far?

Any ideas what the map update will be? F11?????

Also, is there any way I can keep the ignition alive so I can get OTA quicker?

4 hours ago, Sneezy24 said:

I thought I did the F10 maps a few weeks ago by OTA (had problems doing it with USB stick).

Software versions reports 3.4 Build 21020.

Maps are F10

Just been offered the 2.6G Sync updates, while I was checking the current levels, noticed the car is OTA-ing 5U5T-14G392....tar.gz this is part of the 2.6G download. It also says there are map updates after I have done the Sync update.

The 5U5T file above seems to be the biggest file (1.7G-ish). If I now plug in the USB stick with all the files I assume it will use what it has done for itself so far?

Any ideas what the map update will be? F11?????

The Sync update will be 3.4.21194, that’s the one I was just offered. No maps update though as mine are ‘up to date’.

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

The Sync update will be 3.4.21194, that’s the one I was just offered. No maps update though as mine are ‘up to date’.

I thought mine were, but Ford say that I have a Map update, but I need to do the Sync update first.... I'll do the Sync on Tuesday then see what happens!

I too got the sync 2.6gb update, no map update. Was going to get the sync update OTA but was taking forever. 

On 9/26/2021 at 5:39 PM, Sneezy24 said:

I thought mine were, but Ford say that I have a Map update, but I need to do the Sync update first.... I'll do the Sync on Tuesday then see what happens!

Not doing the sync update, planned journey cancelled  -can't think why I don't want to use half a tank of fuel....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sneezy24 said:

can't think why I don't want to use half a tank of fuel

The goverment are investgating claims that the fuel shortage has been caused by Ford owners doing too many map updates 🤣

• Haha 6

It wouldn't be as bad if their update system worked 100%, after months of case not being sorted, I'm still getting emails twice a week asking have I sorted it or taken it to a dealer yet for the map update.  Told them twice that I'm going the Cyanlab route at the next update.  The truth is I'll probably not bother at all with any more updates, I bet there's thousands of owners that have never had a single update since they bought the car.

I get the feeling they want me to sort the Error Mem01 out and then tell them how I did it.

SYNC 3 Updates

When an update is applied automatically via wi-fi do Fords automatically know it has been successful or do you have to inform them?

My system is showing 3.4 Build 21020_Product Maps F10, when I check for updates via the sync system it states I am up to date.

A check on the Ford Sync web site shows I have a sync update 2.6Gb (SYNC3_2599117516_Update) pending and then a map update to follow.

I am a little confused.

20 minutes ago, Dave Eacott said:

sync update 2.6Gb (SYNC3_2599117516_Update) pending

Just down load it to a USB and up date your car using the manual system. When your car gets updated via WiFi the Ford site will have been automatically updated. It's quite normal for extra updates to be on the site that the car hasn't checked for. The whole process is very hit and miss, or in most cases 'miss'

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dave Eacott said:

SYNC 3 Updates

When an update is applied automatically via wi-fi do Fords automatically know it has been successful or do you have to inform them?

My system is showing 3.4 Build 21020_Product Maps F10, when I check for updates via the sync system it states I am up to date.

A check on the Ford Sync web site shows I have a sync update 2.6Gb (SYNC3_2599117516_Update) pending and then a map update to follow.

I am a little confused.

Same for me... it shows as being up to date, at the same time it was downloading an update...

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sneezy24 said:

You could leave the engine running and lock the car. Not sure how long it’d run for. I get a ‘fair’ wifi signal on my drive, as you’ll know it continues downloading after turning it off but I think just for a few minutes. Biggest OTA download I’ve done was 20gb , took a week. 

On 9/26/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sneezy24 said:

Well you would need to keep the engine running or the battery will be flat in less than an hour. You can alter the auto engine stop time but again it will still turn off after 20 minutes (or about that sort of time).

OTA updates are only any good for small files. An update like the F10 maps can be 28Gb and take about 6 hours to download direct to a computer with a hardwire connection. I would hate to think how long it would take the car to do an OTA update of that size.