Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 estate cracked rear subframe

Danny1678

Hi I bought a mk3 estate about 2 month ago other day it developed a knocking on o/s rear after inspection its a cracked rear subframe is it worth repairing or not 

Regards Daniel 

If you can get a decent used sub frame from a scrap yard and get the whole job done for under £300 then yes its worth fixing. Otherwise its game over and sell your car for spares.

Erm, the estate doesn't have a subframe! You can just replace the cracked component. Who did the 'inspecting'? 

Is this a case of deja vu ? I'm sure I answered an identical question with an identical answer just a few weeks ago.. 

Tell me you're not a robot, Daniel

• Like 2

11 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Erm, the estate doesn't have a subframe! You can just replace the cracked component. Who did the 'inspecting'? 

Is this a case of deja vu ? I'm sure I answered an identical question with an identical answer just a few weeks ago.. 

No I'm not a robot along with the subframe it has these advisories is it worth putting money in

11 hours ago, nicam49 said:

20210530_112428.jpg

Ah! It's not your subframe! rather it's your SILLS that need attention.  They're part of the body... the outer part between front and back wheels on each side....below the doors., and form part of the floor. Can you get underneath with a torch to take a look for yourself? Maybe it's not too bad and you can wire brush the rust off and give it a few coats of Hammerite paint if it's not too far gone. 

But no mention of knocking or cracked... where did you get that from? 

It wasn't deja vu... 

• Like 1

So thank-you for the advice I've decided to sell the mondi but what would be a realistic price mot till Feb 22 108k on clock is it scrap value 

Hi Daniel, I'm more into keeping them on the road than what they might be worth, scrap or otherwise. You've not given any model info except the year and it's an estate.  Must be worth more as a runner with 8 months mot  than as a scrapper tho'. 

5 hours ago, nicam49 said:

Hi Daniel, I'm more into keeping them on the road than what they might be worth, scrap or otherwise. You've not given any model info except the year and it's an estate.  Must be worth more as a runner with 8 months mot  than as a scrapper tho'. 

1.8 petrol zetec