Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3.4.21020 & F10 maps

colinmcg71

Now available from Ford. The wife’s Fiesta has just been offered the update 😁

2FC91B22-F894-4A7F-A9B7-D4D75CC23734.thumb.jpeg.5f5c837ba0fb6f5b6a88946d2c3827dd.jpeg

• Thanks 1

All done 😎

08087446-1FD4-4BFA-865B-3000C2FA2193.thumb.jpeg.5241b488ea638a73d9374207741ce499.jpeg

Having just got our 2018 fiesta... how do you get updates? 

My 2017 has been running this setup for a while. It  is a good upgrade being faster and smoother.  There is a later application version (21098), which might contain a few bug fixes. I have installed it but have so far not noticed any difference.

• Like 1

So you need a flash drive? Not sure how my iPad and iPhone will do the job then 😐

You can ask the car to download over wifi. The process is quite long winded so make sure that you have put your affairs in order first because you will be working about 30 GB of data.

• Thanks 1

LIC_ERR01 – Error is MAP_LICENSE_MISMATCH_ERROR

One of the files entered is incorrect so the map licence is not tying into the system. I am making a semi educated guess here as I always use Cyanlabs because it is easy and reliable but Ford ask for a log file upload to ensure that the app has updated before the maps are authorised for installation. Check Ford's sync update page and find out if it wants a peek at your memory stick to confirm that the app went in so it doesn't brick the infotainment module when you try to stuff an atlas into it.

1 hour ago, anon said:

You can ask the car to download over wifi. The process is quite long winded so make sure that you have put your affairs in order first because you will be working about 30 GB of data.

Thanks for that ..I’ll have to pick my moment 🙂

Try it again because if it has not written the acknowledgement back correctly to your stick it won't know and neither will you but the car will.

Bryn, it is very long winded. Some early users are still waiting for the recently completed Roman roads.

Just use Cyanlabs.  They use the same files as Ford and so can check the download on your memory stick meaning it doesn't have to be downloaded again. If it finds an error, it reloads and checks the duff file. Just read the instructions and follow them. Use their forum to clear up any uncertainties. They are very helpful and have not failed me yet,

Download the maps package again. Ford have not received notification that you have successfully loaded the maps so you can do it again. It should give a good licence key.

If it requires your old log file and you haven't backed it up then that is your problem and you will need to take your stick with its maps to Cyanlabs and they will provide the necessary files to  put this right. The process varies according to your model year so I am not able to walk you through it. Enquire there.

11 minutes ago, anon said:

Bryn, it is very long winded. Some early users are still waiting for the recently completed Roman roads.

Just use Cyanlabs.  They use the same files as Ford and so can check the download on your memory stick meaning it doesn't have to be downloaded again. If it finds an error, it reloads and checks the duff file. Just read the instructions and follow them. Use their forum to clear up any uncertainties. They are very helpful and have not failed me yet,

My issue will be the memory stick bit... I only have an iPad and iPhone....WiFi would have to be the way forward, but I can see me making do with the old maps etc ... what a faff 

Charlie, yes, It lets you download the maps again. It may very well need some of the data you have wiped to install it in the car (it has a couple of folders, one of which is the install file.) A clean set of maps will probably not be enough so follow my suggestion.

Bryn. Your IT issues are due to you not having the right equipment. Find somebody with a PROPER computer! Failing that, just plug a memory stick into your Ipad. It took me all of 30 seconds to find out how .😈

• Haha 1

Not at all. My nav works just fine. People who haven't the wit to even try though are not worth helping, don't you agree?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club