Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus ST-3 mirror not folding

GrimUpNorth

My focus 2014 mk3 ST-3 passenger side mirror is not folding or adjusting. The drivers side works fine and the puddle light works. Could it just be a fuse? I thought both mirrors worked off the same fuse.

Thanks

most likely a faulty change over switch. The selector switch between drivers mirror and passenger mirror is probably the issue.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

most likely a faulty change over switch. The selector switch between drivers mirror and passenger mirror is probably the issue.

Thing is it did work briefly for a few days and then stopped again.

1 minute ago, GrimUpNorth said:

did work briefly for a few days and then stopped again

kind of confirms a switch problem. Try moving the switch back and forth between driver and passenger mirror and see if it works again even if only for a few seconds

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, unofix said:

kind of confirms a switch problem. Try moving the switch back and forth between driver and passenger mirror and see if it works again even if only for a few seconds

Thanks for the reply.

Had a play around with the switch and no joy, do you think a faulty switch would cause the mirror not to fold upon locking. 
I can hear the mirror click when locking/unlocking also.

3 hours ago, GrimUpNorth said:

mirror not to fold upon locking. 
I can hear the mirror click when locking/unlocking

Thats kind of two seperate issues you have going on at the same time.

(a) Passenger mirror not adjustable

(b) Passenger mirror not folding/unfolding with the locking system.

This now makes me think you have a problem with the mirror wiring on the passenger door. Take a look at the cable that runs between the door and the door post of the body. I'm not sure but I think on your model the door wiring is plugged in to the door post, disconnect and inspect.

The loss of the mirror common negative would stop all movement, but if I understand you the mirror is trying to fold/unfold, its just that it fails to do so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club