Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Carbon Wrap

sonic113

some of the interior has gotten some scrapes ect over time mainly the silver trims areas, I had planned to remove and spray them but I'm looking at maybe trying out the carbon wrap stuff.

Any one any tips or pics of using this stuff? whats the best stuff to use and any links ect?

Thanks

anyone??

Depends on what you've got to spend, hydro-dipping can be cheaper. I was quoted £40 to dip and £50 to wrap my stereo fascia panel. Being a meanie i opted to rattle can it for £5. Plasticote [ other brands are available LOL ]

• Like 1

Another fan of hydro-dipping, had loads of bits on my last car done, and not too expensive if you have a 'job lot' LOL These are some Oz wheel centers I had done, really good job!

1948247633_ozwheelcentersLoRes.thumb.jpg.a77ebabdbc16b42dd9d5c3e7321c44ac.jpg

Oh, I also had the roof of my car professionally carbon wrapped, far too complex a job for a home attempt!

comparison.thumb.jpg.c51c165954ddf49c858f3599b37e173e.jpg

And how could I forget, I covered my lowly Focus radio in carbon wrap!

1031298339_carbonradiotrim(2).thumb.jpg.746c440c333dfce04172424be76a8516.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Another fan of hydro-dipping, had loads of bits on my last car done, and not too expensive if you have a 'job lot' LOL These are some Oz wheel centers I had done, really good job!

1948247633_ozwheelcentersLoRes.thumb.jpg.a77ebabdbc16b42dd9d5c3e7321c44ac.jpg

Oh, I also had the roof of my car professionally carbon wrapped, far too complex a job for a home attempt!

comparison.thumb.jpg.c51c165954ddf49c858f3599b37e173e.jpg

And how could I forget, I covered my lowly Focus radio in carbon wrap!

1031298339_carbonradiotrim(2).thumb.jpg.746c440c333dfce04172424be76a8516.jpg

Really nice stuff. Good job.

what carbon wrap did you use for the Stereo surround and does it hold up well especially with the heat inside car ect?

34 minutes ago, sonic113 said:

Really nice stuff. Good job.

what carbon wrap did you use for the Stereo surround and does it hold up well especially with the heat inside car ect?

Don't use anything other than proper 3M wrap! It's all about cleanliness, make sure you clean the item well with isopropyl alcohol, then use a hair dryer to soften it as you apply. Use plastic tools to flatten and express air bubbles. Now be warned, you will not get it right 1st time, I wasted quite a bit of wrap till I got the technique, plenty of good stuff on YouTube. If it's applied correctly, it'll go nowhere!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Don't use anything other than proper 3M wrap! It's all about cleanliness, make sure you clean the item well with isopropyl alcohol, then use a hair dryer to soften it as you apply. Use plastic tools to flatten and express air bubbles. Now be warned, you will not get it right 1st time, I wasted quite a bit of wrap till I got the technique, plenty of good stuff on YouTube. If it's applied correctly, it'll go nowhere!

so use nothing else but the 3m type. have you any links where i can get some of this stuff?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 12:41 AM, sonic113 said:

so use nothing else but the 3m type. have you any links where i can get some of this stuff?

Thanks

There are a few other professional grade brands other than 3M, such as Vvivid.  As long as you stay away from any unbranded stuff you should be okay.  I've used the matt (textured) 3M stuff myself and it's definitely a bit easier/more forgiving to work with than some other brands such as Vvivid.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club