Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Happy With Ford

Jason Tierney

SO, my list of probs that I took car back in for were;

Headlight on Chime Not working- needed new door handle- Solved.

Passenger Side Seatbelt light not working- "Some have them Some dont"- What the...? the [two] courtesy cars ive had had them but a top spec Zetec S doesnt...

I have a Cat 1 alarm fitted by ford before Itook delviery of the car.

When alarm goes off I wanted it to flash headlights also- not a big deal, hook up a wire here and there, yeah?

Well, they wont do that- incase I run the battery or my car flat. Id rather that than have a hoodlum damage my car...

And I also wanted It hooking up to the cars horn- wouldnt do it, incase battery goes flat. But will for £50 ?£?£?£? eyyyy?

Anyone got anythoughts on these issues?

I said to him that Im sure a car battery can hack the horn,siren, indicators and headlamps flashing for 30 seconds... He just looked at me with a blank face and said yeah a guess so. Angry Much.

Jay

Calm down Jay - :lol:

Sorry, but I think your alarm frustrations are somewhat OTT...

Imagine this:

Criminal: "Ahhh, here is a lovely Fiesta, I think I shall nick that...oh dear the alarm has gone off, but never mind, I'll plough on - people always ignore car alarms anyway"

But if the headlights flash:

Criminal: "Ahhh, here is a lovely Fiesta, I think I shall nick that...oh dear the alarm has gone of, and what's this THE HEADLIGHTS AND HORN ARE GOING AS WELL????? RUN RUN RUN RUN AWAY!!!!!!!"

Erm, I think not.

Regarding the seatbelt warning - now that is annoying - but if you want top spec features buy the top spec car ;)

The only thing you've listed which is a problem - as in a fundamental thing wrong with the car rather than a design issue, is the door handle, which they fixed.

If the boggo models have the passenger seatbelt thing then yours definately should. I wouldn't buy the some have it some don't rubbish, seat belt warnings are directly related to EuroNCAP performance and included safety systems have to feature across the range.

The drivers side has the seatbelt warning though.. bit random

And id like the horn to go as well because the alarm isnt paticularly loud, its in the engine bay and the sound deading is havinh an effect on it obviously-its more so I can here it. The only people that are bothered about car alarms are the owner and the crim' in question. I think im more annoy at the reasons as to them not being able to do it. more than them not doing it. I mean, When I wash the car I spend a good few hours listening to my music at very high volume. When I start the car It works first time. I dont think 30seconds will kill the battery(Famous last words...)

I think we did a little survey on this not long ago and it did seem to be a bit random and hit and miss - no set pattern for who had the passenger warning and who didn't.

I know I stated a thread on it and got mixed replies. It does seem strange

"Overall Rating Safety Assistance

• Beltminder = max 3 Points

(1= Driver, 2 = Driver + Front Passenger, 3 = All Passengers)

• ESC = max 3 Points

(3 Points standard fit in Europe)

• ASLD = max 1 point (Automatic Speed Limiter)

Percentage fitment

From 2011 100% fitment across EU is required to score points"

Could they have just bought the passenger seatbelt warning and standard ESP in to satify these requirements?

I'm not sure if once a model has been allocated an NCAP score it keeps it or whether it's retested when new criteria comes out. The regs at the top were introduced in Feb 2009.

When alarm goes off I wanted it to flash headlights also- not a big deal, hook up a wire here and there, yeah?

W

And I also wanted It hooking up to the cars horn- wouldnt do it, incase battery goes flat. But will for £50 ?£?£?£? eyyyy?

Anyone got anythoughts on these issues?

I

Jay

Why dont you find a local auto electritian and get them to do the things you want if its so important to you.

dave

With regards to the alarm I would contact Ford Customer care and ask for advice.

Having a cat 1 alarm can sometime help reduce your insurance costs as some insurance companies will recognise it being a serious anti-theft device and give a small discount if you have one fitted.

But should you then have the car nicked and the alarm wasn’t fitted to the correct standard could lead to all sorts of problems with your insurance company.

I too would be unhappy to have paid out for to have something fitted, and then to think a poor job had been made of the install.

Who makes the cat 1 ?

is it Fords own device? if not go to the manufacturer and ask them about it.

there's a guide to activating the seat alarm is there not?

and the alarm things i'd never have thought a ford garage would do them...

I had ford fit the alarm as I wanted it done properly. The alarm I was going to get was going to do the above but salesman advised they could fit there own(Its not actully them they outsource it to someone else) I asked Ford to get the alarm guy to contact me.

there's a guide to activating the seat alarm is there not?

Here you are!!!!!

Preparation

Apply the parking brake.

Place the transmission selector lever in P (Park) - vehicles with automatic transmission or the neutral position - vehicles with manual transmission.

Turn the ignition switch to the 0 position.

Close all the vehicle doors from the inside of the vehicle.

Deactivating/Activating

Unbuckle the drivers safety belt.

Turn the ignition switch to position II. (Do not start the engine).

Wait at least 15 seconds.

NOTE: This step must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.

Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt nine times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. Release the red unbuckle switch completely every cycle.

The safety belt warning indicator flashes three times to confirm the belt minder status change.

Turn the ignition switch to position 0. The deactivation/activation procedure is now complete.

I love the way these things are always like the Kryton Factor! Start the car, rub your stomach and head at the same time. Open the boot and replace the parcel shelf with a giant foam hand, open the fuel filler cap and pour sugar in it, grill some cheese, sit on a cat and then turn the interior light on and off 6 times.

I love the way these things are always like the Kryton Factor! Start the car, rub your stomach and head at the same time. Open the boot and replace the parcel shelf with a giant foam hand, open the fuel filler cap and pour sugar in it, grill some cheese, sit on a cat and then turn the interior light on and off 6 times.

or in short, do what we want how we want it. only problem is we forgot to tell you to breathe

Thats all well and good but My seatbelt light does activate, my passengers doesnt, ford say some cars have it, some dont, and yours doesnt so we arnt putting it in.

Thats all well and good but My seatbelt light does activate, my passengers doesnt, ford say some cars have it, some dont, and yours doesnt so we arnt putting it in.

The Zetec S has a lot stripped out compared to the equivalent Zetec or Titanium. I guess it's because Ford assume those wanting a Zetec S aren't as bothered about extras and are more focussed on the racing "feel". probably explains why it only has seatbelt reminders for the Driver. Zetec S drivers probably don't have anyone else in the car, a lot of the time.