Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable selt belt chimes 2021 Ford Focus Active X

conman

Hi guys, I've searched about trying to find a way to deactivate the chimes as I have a wee tubby Shih Tzu and when driving she sets of the chime when sitting on the passenger seat. I've tried a few methods I've seen online but nothing had worked so far. I'm driving a brand new 2021 Ford Focus Active X which has the new LCD dashboard screen and not the older clock style. I tried waiting on the seatbeat light to go out with ignition on and then locked and unlock the seatbelt 4 times and the seatbelt light went out but nothing after that so at a loss now.

Cheers

I know its probably not the answer you would like but I just fasten the seat belt by putting it behind the back of the seat (so that the belt is round the back) and just clip it in to the buckel. It stops my dog setting off the seatbelt warning since the car thinks the dog has its seatbelt fastened 🤣

Just fasten the seat belt from your dogs collar / Harness to the seat belt holder as normal or are you saying it's not working and you have to use the actual car seatbelt itself ? 

No I just want to deactivate the chimes

59 minutes ago, conman said:

No I just want to deactivate the chimes

The chimes go off once you have fastened the seatbelt.

Chimes are a legal requirement so might not be disableable.  But yes, just fasten the seatbelt.

17 minutes ago, Wino said:

The chimes go off once you have fastened the seatbelt.

I don't want to plug the seatbelt in as I have the dog sitting on the seat, I want the chime deactivated like I had done on my Kuga.

Get a 'scrap' seat belt (buckle) from a breaker, and just keep it plugged in permanently?

45 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Get a 'scrap' seat belt (buckle) from a breaker, and just keep it plugged in permanently?

Wouldn't it be just easier to fasten the seatbelt rather than trying to source a buckle.

I'm guessing you know it's illegal to have an unrestrained dog on the front seat... :unsure:

Anyway, you can't disable it, it's a requirement on all new cars now.  The only option is to plug the belt in, or get one of those fake belt clips from wish or eBay for a couple of quid.

16 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Wouldn't it be just easier to fasten the seatbelt rather than trying to source a buckle.

Nope! LOL Every time you get in the car, you'd have to stretch yourself right over to the passenger door, and grab the belt, and curse as it tensions up on you whilst trying to trail it back to the seat belt clasp - if you have a standalone buckle, much, much easier!

12 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Nope! LOL Every time you get in the car, you'd have to stretch yourself right over to the passenger door, and grab the belt, and curse as it tensions up on you whilst trying to trail it back to the seat belt clasp - if you have a standalone buckle, much, much easier!

Surely once fastened, you'd keep it fastened? Seems such an easier option rather than taking time to find and pay for a buckle itself when you already have one in the car. 

2 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Surely once fastened, you'd keep it fastened? Seems such an easier option rather than taking time to find and pay for a buckle itself when you already have one in the car. 

I don't think you've grasped the OP issue. The dog sits on the passenger seat (any illegality is up to him, I'm no judge...) The very fact of having a seat belt wavering in the way is obviously not ideal. He wanted simply to disable the chime, shoving a dedicated buckle in the clasp does that. The expense would be minimal, indeed, less than £5 would be a neat, permanent solution...

1 minute ago, StephenFord said:

I don't think you've grasped the OP issue. The dog sits on the passenger seat (any illegality is up to him, I'm no judge...) The very fact of having a seat belt wavering in the way is obviously not ideal. He wanted simply to disable the chime, shoving a dedicated buckle in the clasp does that. The expense would be minimal, indeed, less than £5 would be a neat, permanent solution...

I've totally grasped it, the seat belt would be tight to the seat. I'm not sure what problem that would pose. 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll just plug in a spare buckle when taking her out, the drive is only 2 miles down the road to where I walk her so no big deal I guess 🙂

• Thanks 1

A taxi driver once showed me a plastic cutout he had made himself to the right shape to push into the slot for exactly that reason, though I think he used it on the drivers side for when he had to get in and out too frequently (no comments on legality).  if you have the tools that's a 5 minute cost-free fix.

I fixed my Mk 2 using some sequence of turning things on and off that I found on the internet, though I guess they changed this on the Mk 4 and no one has worked it out yet?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, conman said:

I don't want to plug the seatbelt in as I have the dog sitting on the seat, I want the chime deactivated like I had done on my Kuga.

The dog regardless of size should be buckled up by law. Our boxer ( only have one now) weighs in at 38kg and is always buckled up via either harness or collar and seatbelt in the car which tbh isn't very often but either way I wouldn't be travelling in a vehicle without her safely secured.

• Like 2

We have a dog strap that fits into the seat belt socket, it's variable in length and can keep the dog safe but not confined.

• Like 2

I found this, but haven't tried it yet. You'll need Forscan though:

https://my-ford-focus.de/en/forscan-via-configuration/

IPC

Switch off warning tones

Chimes Driver Belt Minder – disabled (driver belt reminder)

Chimes Mid Passanger Belt Minder – disabled (seat belt reminder for rear seats)

Chimes Passanger Belt Minder – disabled (passenger belt reminder)

Chimes Vehicle running with door open – disable (sound with engine running and door open)

Power Liftgate Control – disabled (switches off the warning tone with the electric tailgate)

• Like 1

You can switch off seatbelt minder, using Forscan, but not seatbelt warning chimes for front seats, they are mandatory EU crash regulations.

As said, just buckle the seatbelt 

Or starve the dog until it becomes a bit lighter, then the weight sensor in the seat won't pick it up🙃

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club