Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoblue 1,5 Engine Vibrations

Alexis94040

Good evening every body!!!

Yes it is me again with my silly questions...

I was driving to the vaccination center to have my second shot of the MODERNA vaccine with my Ford.

AC was on due to 30ºC and i was speeding with 6th gear on a slope road with 2.100rpm and 140 km/h when suddenly felt the whole engine bay vibrating strongly for 3 seconds and more!!!Took my foot of the gas pedal and stopped!!!

Is it something serious about my engine or is it the diesel fuel quality?

It scared me a lot even my wife scared too it was something i have not felt again with all the cars i had!

Someone know something about that situatiin in a brand new car's engine?

Sounds like crappy diesel fuel quality or you had just jumped into DPF regen mode, it does that sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Sounds like crappy diesel

He always uses the best Red Diesel he can find. 🤣

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, unofix said:

He always uses the best Red Diesel he can find. 🤣

Who said that i always use Red Diesel?????????

I always use the reinforced diesel and sometimes the simple one!

You make me wonder if i have said once something like that.... 

🙁🙁

1 hour ago, DaveT70 said:

Sounds like crappy diesel fuel quality or you had just jumped into DPF regen mode, it does that sometimes.

You are correct!!!Ford dealership told me to always being alerted of the gas stations i use for refuelling my car!

Two days before i refuelled my Adblue tank with a Ford's approved Adblue liquid.

5 litres costed 10,40 euros.

The brand was ''OMNICRAFT ADBLUE''.

adblue.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

Who said that i always use Red Diesel?????????

I always use the reinforced diesel and sometimes the simple one!

You make me wonder if i have said once something like that.... 

🙁🙁

It's him, not you! :laugh:

Does sound like trying to do a DPF regen in hot temps confused the PCM.  Hopefully just a one off and won't happen again. :smile:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's him, not you! :laugh:

Does sound like trying to do a DPF regen in hot temps confused the PCM.  Hopefully just a one off and won't happen again. :smile:

By the way, is red diesel suitable for these engines?

I haven't had any DPF regen for the last 1.100 km (680 miles).

It is a little bit strange because it used to have regens every 300-600 kms (190-370 miles/winter time).

Summer is here for good in Greece!!!

Every day temp rises to 29º-32º C (82,4º-89,6º F) and it is early yet....it is going to climb at 35º-38º C (95º-100,4º F) next week i suppose!!!!

Have a nice and healthy summer everyboby!!!!

16 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

By the way, is red diesel suitable for these engines?

Probably not, I wouldn't want to risk it

• Like 1

Red diesel is likely to be cleaner than white diesel these days...modern tractors & combines cost so much more than any car, and the farmers are totally reliant on them to work at exactly the right time, that they can't risk putting any old rubbish in them.

You could buy 20 new Focus's for the price of one Lexion 8900! :laugh: 

However, once it's been decanted into dirty barrels with loose lids and sold by Connor down the pub...it's no longer the nice pure product that it was!  It's also illegal (over here anyway) and will permanently stain the fuel filter so I wouldn't recommend trying it.

• Like 2

I think maybe I should clear up something I started about  Red Diesel.

The following is the law in the UK, and probably does not apply to other countries. Red Diesel is a type of fuel and not a brand. It is identical in every way to standard/regular diesel in the UK with one big difference and that is it has a very strong Red dye added to make the diesel bright Red in colour. Why? The reason is that in the UK the goverment adds a very large amount of fuel duty (Tax) to regular diesel and then to finish the job they then charge VAT @20% on top of the fuel duty, yes thats correct the UK goverment charges VAT on a Tax !!!! There is no fuel duty on Red Diesel, but there is still VAT added but most companies can claim that back.

Because there is no fuel duty (Tax) Red Diesel is only allowed by UK law to be used in vehicles and machines that will never be used on a public road. In simple terms if the vehicle pays Road Tax in the UK then it can not use Red Diesel. The fines for using red diesel in a vehicle on a public road start at £1000 and go upwards.

Only vehicles like farm tractors, other farm machinery and equipment like JCB's and construction machines are allowed to use red diesel but only if they never go on to a public road and only if they do not pay Road Tax. It is worth noting that from 2022 the number and types of vehicles that will be allowed to use red diesel in the UK is being reduced forcing many people to use regular diesel and there by increasing their fuel cost by about 60% which will no doubt help struggling companies and farmers recover from almost 2 years of lock down !!

So in short if you live in the UK do not under any circumstances put Red Diesel in your car, van or lorry if you are going to use it on a public road.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, unofix said:

Only vehicles like farm tractors, other farm machinery and equipment like JCB's and construction machines are allowed to use red diesel but only if they never go on to a public road and only if they do not pay Road Tax.

Hmmm . . . that's interesting. With modern farm conglomerates spread over several widely dispersed farms and farm vehicles constantly shuttling to and fro (clogging up the already congested roads) I wonder how many ever get stopped and checked that they're obeying the law.

None, I suspect.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, unofix said:

The following is the law in the UK, and probably does not apply to other countries

I think there are laws relating to the use of red diesel in the EU although I can't say if they're the same as the UK. In recent years there have been issues with owners of British leisure boats that are legally using red diesel when visiting EU harbours where it is not permitted. Up until Brexit the EU was pressurising the UK government to ban the use of red diesel in privately owned boats.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjt said:

I think there are laws relating to the use of red diesel in the EU although I can't say if they're the same as the UK. In recent years there have been issues with owners of British leisure boats that are legally using red diesel when visiting EU harbours where it is not permitted. Up until Brexit the EU was pressurising the UK government to ban the use of red diesel in privately owned boats.

Here in Greece things are different.

Red diesel is used ONLY for building heating and NOWERE ELSE!

And i always wondered...is it so bad for my tractor (MASSEY FERGUSON 165 1977 MODEL)???

I am reading all those useful things about it from all of you my friends and makes me still wonder...What kind of goverments did we have all these years????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexis94040 said:

And i always wondered...is it so bad for my tractor (MASSEY FERGUSON 165 1977 MODEL)???

If Red Diesel is the same specification in Greece as it is in the UK then it will work fine in your tractor 👍 but it might be against the law to use it in Greece 👎

• Like 2

14 hours ago, unofix said:

If Red Diesel is the same specification in Greece as it is in the UK then it will work fine in your tractor 👍 but it might be against the law to use it in Greece 👎

My tractor has two fuel filters with transparent glass....In a special authority check i would have serious problem with tax evasion....Unfortunately it is against the law...laws in Greece are out of this planet!!!!

• Like 1

Many years ago I had a regular run to Spain in a Daf coach. 

This coach had 900 litre capacity in 2 connected diesel tanks.

At that time diesel was more expensive in France so we were instructed to fill up at the last minute in the truck refuelling station close to Dover.

On one memorable occasion I fuelled up, paid with the company card, and rushed off to the port. Half way there it dawned on me that I had put RED diesel in instead of the correct stuff.

What to do?

The instant decision was to deaf it out and carry on bolstered by the knowledge that in the previous 5 to 6 years driving that route I had never been checked nor seen anyone else checked either.

When we returned to base it wasn't long before the boss emerged asking questions!

What had happened was that the truck stop management had phoned the coach company reporting what I had done. The boss had then to contact the Customs and Excise straight away and pay the evaded duty.There was a dedicated contact number for such a situation.

It was just as well I did not have the tanks dipped, my school boy French or bar Spanish was definitely not up to the task.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1