Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confused! SERVICING

Nimrodmk8

My Ford Focus 1.5 Ecoboost is a year old on the 30th, June, the sales person said servicing every 2 years, my service manual says 2 years, but the dealership saying it's now that it's due for a service, to make sure it's safe to drive? with lockdown my car has only done 3000 miles.

So really do you think I should book for a service as I have no concerns for the car, I know that the 1st, service was very important in older cars or changing the engine oil was would appreciate your opinions.

29 minutes ago, Nimrodmk8 said:

My Ford Focus 1.5 Ecoboost is a year old on the 30th, June, the sales person said servicing every 2 years, my service manual says 2 years, but the dealership saying it's now that it's due for a service, to make sure it's safe to drive? with lockdown my car has only done 3000 miles.

So really do you think I should book for a service as I have no concerns for the car, I know that the 1st, service was very important in older cars or changing the engine oil was would appreciate your opinions.

It's called a convenience check at 1 year. They don't change anything just check over vehicle. Advantage is you get the breakdown cover extended by having this done.

I didn’t have a 1 year convenience check tho have heard of it. 1st service 2 years or 18,000 . Just had mine at 17,500. If it was necessary for the warranty I’m sure motability would have made sure my/their car would’ve had it done. The breakdown cover I’m not sure about. I’ve RAC cover 

If you can check tyres, wipers, bulbs and levels yourself there's no reason your car should be 'unsafe' at all...typical dealer scaremongering tactics. :angry:

As above, the only real advantage is the breakdown cover, and the chance to have any warranty repairs carried out on 'non-essential' items if needed.

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

If you can check tyres, wipers, bulbs and levels yourself there's no reason your car should be 'unsafe' at all..

Don’t even need to check these things...the app does it all. 
I’d have thought Ford breakdown cover would be 3 years regardless of convenience checks etc

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

Don’t even need to check these things...the app does it all

Apart from the tyres, wipers and levels ...😆doh 

• Haha 2

It’s early 

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

I’d have thought Ford breakdown cover would be 3 years regardless of convenience checks etc

Ford breakdown does only last 12 months at a time, you have to have a service or conv check to keep it going.  

If you just want breakdown cover, it can be had cheaper elsewhere, but the Ford one does have some advantages like Ford dealer repairs only and courtesy car etc.

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

It’s early 

And hot... 🥵

• Like 2

They’re good at getting money out of people. If you weigh up the cost of the convenience checks or getting your own cover , probably cost the same. One big dealership repair would totally justify the cost of the Ford  cover though. 

Never bothered with it with ours either. Just keep the oil changes and servicing up to date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you can check tyres, wipers, bulbs and levels yourself there's no reason your car should be 'unsafe' at all...typical dealer scaremongering tactics. :angry:

As above, the only real advantage is the breakdown cover, and the chance to have any warranty repairs carried out on 'non-essential' items if needed.

Yes my thoughts to, with the scaremongering, I carry out basic things like checking levels, tyres and so on, I thought an oil change maybe but if it's just looking over the car, I can do that.

• Like 1

Like you I didn't bother with the convenience service as I'd done similar mileage and my oil life was over 50%. I took out Green Flag cover (home start, roadside assistance, recovery etc.) for the bargain price of £37.

• Like 1

I had the convenience check and I was glad for it when mine broke down. The breakdown took it away the same day and gave me a decent courtesy car, fiesta st line 125, for the entire 2 weeks that the dealer had my car.  Worth the 90 quid to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I had the convenience check and I was glad for it when mine broke down. The breakdown took it away the same day and gave me a decent courtesy car, fiesta st line 125, for the entire 2 weeks that the dealer had my car.  Worth the 90 quid to me.

What went wrong with it? Definitely worth £90..

My Dealership not only told me my 1.0 EcoBoost Focus was due a service at 12 months two weeks later they also said it was due its M.O.T 😀

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I just looked at the price for a convenience check, they are charging £115 now, I've always checked the fluids so might leave it until the 2 year service, I haven't any issues only a rattle in the cabin when pulling away from a standstill and an annoying rattle/vibration coming from the door handle.

11 hours ago, Alex.S said:

What went wrong with it? Definitely worth £90..

Went into worse than limp mode, wouldn't rev at all, basically undriveable. The error was in the high pressure fuel rail but they also replaced the accelerator pedal assembly.

I do wonder about build quality.  I now have leaky rear shocks too.

• Confused 1

Nimrod try haggling.  The conv check is 95 quid at my ford dealer in Rugby.

• Like 1

? How is it that cheap?  Are they dodgy?

When I bought my car, the salesman told me cars nowadays are variable servicing, up to 2 years (depending on mileage). However the garage still rings me up and tries to book it in for an annual service. First time was Feb even though it had a service just before I bought it the previous June, (not even a year). I explained as it's still under warranty I wanted to use a local Ford dealer (different franchise) and did not want to travel back to York, where I bought it from, also explained that it was on variable servicing.

So are all Ford garages know that modern Fords are on this variable servicing? Obviously the franchise in York doesn't!

17 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

? How is it that cheap?  Are they dodgy?

I used to do a lot of fleet business with TCH back in the day and they were a pretty reputable outfit then, don't know about current set up though.

£34.99 was the official Ford price I was quoted when I ordered my car in September 2017, I wonder if its an out of date webpage? 

1 minute ago, Jim H said:

However the garage still rings me up and tries to book it in for an annual service. 

Are they trying to sell you the annual convenience check rather than a service?

3 minutes ago, Jim H said:

So are all Ford garages know that modern Fords are on this variable servicing? Obviously the franchise in York doesn't!

Assuming you were talking Stoneacre York, they seem pretty well aware when I've been in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve67 said:

"Diagnostic connection to identify and download any relevant new or upgraded software to your car's operating systems."  I wonder if this includes updating Sync and maps?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club