Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The FordPass Fuel Report - should one rely on it?

Linds

In recent weeks I noticed I stopped getting the FordPass Fuel Report on my app.  Telephone calls and emails to the FordPass people and finally I see that it has been reinstated.  But having got it back is it a report one can rely on?

FordPass tell me in their report that I have done an average of 41.3 mpg over May 2021 in my 1.0 litre Ecoboost Mark 4 Focus. 

That is very disappointing!  Particularly as the tripometer had indicated over the same period figures anywhere between 46.5 mpg and 53.5 mpg.

I did fill up with petrol on 2 May and 3 June and some times in between.  Using my bills to calculate consumption I see in fact I have done 45.1 mpg which is much closer to what I would have expected.  I note that FordPass have not credited me with consumption of 45+ mpg at any time over the last six months.

Anyone know how their program works and why it should be so atrociously inaccurate?  

I don't think it very accurate tbh as mine for last month came back at 56.2mpg but the dash reads 48.8mpg which probably way more accurate as 4 days a week the car is sat ticking over during break times for 30 mins twice a day and doesnt actually move an inch. 

On that basis I think it only records actual distance travelled so when your car is sat at junctions or at traffic lights one can only guess that the Ford pass actually thinks the Stop start works everytime 😂 and you don't use any fuel whilst stationary. Quite ironic really 🤣

• Haha 1

Are you really that bothered about 4mpg?

13 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Are you really that bothered about 4mpg?

Found the ST owner... :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club