Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Alloys for Steel

NorthernGeezer

I am looking to swap the existing alloys on a 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec for steel wheels.

The vehicle is fitted with 195/50R15/82V alloys and tyres but i'm not sure its a straight swap size wise when i change to steel wheels and tyres.

Any advice and reccomendations regarding the swap to steel would be gratefully appreciated.

29 minutes ago, NorthernGeezer said:

I am looking to swap the existing alloys on a 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec for steel wheels.

The vehicle is fitted with 195/50R15/82V alloys and tyres but i'm not sure its a straight swap size wise when i change to steel wheels and tyres.

Any advice and reccomendations regarding the swap to steel would be gratefully appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :thumbup:

You may need different wheel nuts for steel wheels, (not sure the difference), but I may be wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response James, i think your right on the wheel nuts, wondering more about the wheel and tyres, not sure its a straight swap

Make sure the new wheels have the same width and offset as the alloys. if you're not sure take one off an look at the back for code numbers. number and a letter (width) and ET number for width.

Why are you downgrading to steel wheels anyway?

Oh dear you not going for that wide stuck out look are you ? 🤐

I have no idea on the 'technical' question, but just wanted to applaud your decision to drive on steel wheels!

Brilliant!  Alloy to steel is an upgrade as they do take abuse.  Get another set as they're cheap and a set of winter tyres to go with, and you can drive like a hooligan all year round.😁

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club