Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheels & ABS sensor problems

jackrmee

Hi,

I ve just bought a 2007 1.4 tcdi FIesta.

The car is in limp mode with the drivetrain light flashing.
Got it linked up to RAC computer and faults were:
P0380 Glow plug control circuit.
And C1232, C1234,C1235 ABS input signal missing.

Now I can look into the glow plug thing on a different thread, so I am asking about the ABS sensors.

A quick background...
I bought the car with the front drivers wheel binding. I thought this may have caused the engine fault warning on dash, so I changed the caliper with one from scrappies. No more binding, but light still on and limp mode still active.
I also noticed that it feeels like the wheels are slightly rubbing. Also noticed wear on inside and outside of front tyres. Rubbing was much louder when going over speed bumps and sometimes even the back wheels would rub if I had chubby people in the back.
I guessed it was either a wheel problem or suspension. When I checked, the wheels are 16 inch, however, they do look the same as wheels I have seen on other similar models of this car. Checked the manual and it seems that 16 inch wheels are only or the sporty models like the ST.

Questions are:
1) Can this sensor fault happen because the wheels are the wrong size?
2) What size wheels are meant to be on this vehicle?

Thanks in advance.

The ST had 17" wheels.  Zetec S had 16" wheels.  A 1.4 TDCi probably had 15" wheels, depending on which trim level it is?  Tyre size is more important than the rim size if they're rubbing though, which size tyres are fitted?  Has the suspension been lowered?  Have you checked to make sure the sensor wiring hasn't rubbed through anywhere?

Wrong wheels won't trigger a sensor fault, the sensor will still work, it'll just appear that it's turning faster or slower than the real speed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club