Do Not Sell My Personal Information

cc3 drivers door window not always going up or down

Hi desperate for help on this topic.

Drivers door window not going down or up but not all the time and some times only going halfway before stopping and unable to go back up.

also when shutting door,  window  not going fully back into door seal and when opening door glass does not always drop that fraction.

Door locks have begun to self lock and unlock themselves.

I have had the panel off so many times  to try and fiddle with the wires so see if one is broken

If I lower the hood the drivers window goes straight down and will not return but after 5-10 mins it will go up

Some times if you tap the motor with the panel removed it sometimes works, but not all the time.

Does this sound like an electrical fault?

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm desperate.

Dancc3      cc3 petrol 2 litre manual 09 90,000

Hi,

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes whilst ignition on (full re-set) and re-set windows once reconnected first as it may have all gone out of sync.

Ensure roof sensors are telling BCM (or Door Modules) that it is closing correctly

Check all the wiring to the door is OK first, no broken wires.

Failing that, it sounds like the BCM has water ingress damage (fuse box under glovebox) check for corrosion on terminals

HI,

I'm sorry for not replying much sooner but I used to get an email saying that I had a reply, this is not happening.

I have spent so much time on this problem and garages to not want to get involved because it's a convertible.

I do hope someone can help.

when putting drivers door down sometimes will not com back up.Having taken door card up I have put om hand on the clear round tube holding the cables before it goes 

into the regulator and if I move it about the window will go back up.

So what is the problem, is it the wiring or the reg?

When window does go up it's not going all the way and leaving a slight gap allow water getting in

Could some one tell me where I can get spares?

How can I get photos and instructions on removing the motor,  reg ect

Any help will be much appreciated

On 6/12/2021 at 6:41 PM, dancc3 said:

when putting drivers door down sometimes will not com back up.Having taken door card up I have put om hand on the clear round tube holding the cables before it goes 

into the regulator and if I move it about the window will go back up.

So what is the problem, is it the wiring or the reg?

🤔 That could be a reg problem. Are the cables seizing?

There's a possibility its just a standard two door reg on that, it's the top half of the door that's different, not the bottom.

Make sure the part number fully matches  the replacement. The part number should be XXXX 23200(RH) 23201(LH) XX The first 4 x's and the first of the last two x's must match the old part