Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 window wind deflection job- wotsits

OwdGrumps

Hi guys,   anybody want to tell me the best wind deflectors for my 2 door  mk8 fiesta  ?,  not owned any for decades,  any help appreciated. 

I own a Focus Mk2 and have Heko fitted. I wouldn't be without them now. It allows me to have the window open a couple of inches to allow fresh air in without all the buffeting associated with an open window. Great job... To be honest, there's little to chose from differing brands, they're all bit's of pre molded acrylic designed for the same job.

174235599_beforeandafterdriver.thumb.jpg.b5138ecc784360a358a12dd64271ccc7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have Climair ones on my MK8. I got them from the ford website. I really like how they make the car look, and as Stephen says they are very useful at removing the buffeting. Also allows you to have the windows down a bit when it is raining as you do not get any water coming in.

• Thanks 1

These things are nasty on any car! The turbulence caused by the deflectors with the window closed, drags in muck and forces the muck right into the inside upper edge, within months the top curved edge of the glass will be scratched to death, caused by the dirt being pushed into the seal, watched a program on Discovery a while ago about tuning cars for power & looks, the most useless & most destructive was the wind deflectors 👎

• Like 1

Must admit the turbulence is not a problem as I don't have much hair left these days   ......

Any other negatives  ??

• Haha 1

My main negative was the fact that you can see them from the drivers seat, and they make the drivers pillar even wider, can lose an entire cyclist approaching a roundabout.  Think I kept them on for 2 weeks and then ditched them.  Shame as I do quite like the look from outside.  The other negative is that they cause a bit more wind noise with the windows up - though I am easily irritable. :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Our Son has a Fiesta ST and it's the most rapid thing I've ever been in! His car has wind deflectors fitted, one day he really opened the taps on it, hitting 145mph with ease, then the next thing the passenger side deflector starts wobbling and then gets uprooted and is gone 👀 🤣 😂 🤣 It was pretty funny and cursed that he'd got to buy another set 🙄 because no matter where we looked the sole deflector couldn't be found, it did head towards a corn field acting like a rotor blade off a chopper  :Jumpy:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

My main negative was the fact that you can see them from the drivers seat, and they make the drivers pillar even wider, can lose an entire cyclist approaching a roundabout. 

I know what you mean, Our Son purchased a pair of deflectors which was solid black and made the pillar & door frame much wider, straight away he said they was dangerous and sent them back, complete with a complaint about the safety issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Lanc said:

Our Son has a Fiesta ST and it's the most rapid thing I've ever been in! His car has wind deflectors fitted, one day he really opened the taps on it, hitting 145mph with ease, then the next thing the passenger side deflector starts wobbling and then gets uprooted and is gone 👀 🤣 😂 🤣 It was pretty funny and cursed that he'd got to buy another set 🙄 because no matter where we looked the sole deflector couldn't be found, it did head towards a corn field acting like a rotor blade off a chopper  :Jumpy:

Yep, driving like a young hooligan on a public road next to a corn field, lucky the only thing he killed was a wind deflector! LOL

4 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Yep, driving like a young hooligan on a public road next to a corn field   ....

Er,   so I turned seventy  just after Xmas,    and I think the above pretty much sums up my ST driving,  I'm gutted that it looks like my fully comp insurance is going to sneak into the four-hundred quid bracket next month.  I'm a vulnerable pensioner,   how very dare they  !! 

Got climair for mine, my advise, don't... Had to carve them up both ends to get them to fit without the window motor being put under so much strain the window wouldn't close and set off the anti trap all the time.

Team Heko i understand still give you clips which put the deflector out to help with retaining the gap for the actual window so it'll actually work (hopefully) cant be any worse than Climair thats for sure.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tom44 said:

Team Heko i understand still give you clips which put the deflector out to help with retaining the gap for the actual window so it'll actually work

Yep, got loads of clips with my Heko, and they all work 100% with no issues whatsoever...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve had team heko and climair and I can say the heko always seem to fit better but are thinner then the climair one’s 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 6:23 PM, OwdGrumps said:

Er,   so I turned seventy  just after Xmas,    and I think the above pretty much sums up my ST driving,  I'm gutted that it looks like my fully comp insurance is going to sneak into the four-hundred quid bracket next month.  I'm a vulnerable pensioner,   how very dare they  !! 

Hi.

if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line if you wish.

Regards,

Dan.

Love to see his quote now he stated that he emulates driving at 145Mph on a public road LOL 🤣

• Haha 1