Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Radio/replace radio

MamaMax

Has anyone changed a fusion radio to an up to date radio with bluetooth? I have a 2003 fusion and looking for answers :) thanks in advance! 

I have fitted a sony / ford dab radio and also fitted the bluetooth module that fits behind the glove box ,with yours being a 2003 i think you would need to cut out the plastic that the radio fits in to , to be able to fit another radio . Mine is a 2007 so it came with a double din radio as standard

• 1 month later...

Hi! 

Unless you know what you're doing, don't attempt this yourself!  Speaking from experience (last week to be precise!!)  the plastic moulding around the stereo is a right pain to remove, I did manage it, sort of ...  with plenty of bruises & scratches, the main problem you'll find is the dials & switches for the fan & air con, will want to stay in the moulding which will make it hugely difficult to remove the factory stereo.  I had to give up & take Ray to a lovely bloke in town who finished off the removal & put the new one in.

The new stereo has bluetooth, an aux in point & USB socket, depending on what you prefer & prices, if you're going for a single din, you will need to raid eBay or amazon to buy a facia, which is the same size as the gap (once the 2 plastic 'bars' have been removed, & a converter kit (mine was only £13.99) so it will work in your car, i'm assuming you can get the same for a double din stereo too if that's what you're after.

So yeah you can convert to a bluetooth stereo, just need the bits & someone knowledgeable to fit it for you, depending on your budget, Halfords can source all the stuff you need plus the stereo & fit it mine would of cost £144 all in, if I'd chose them.

Hope this helps, sorry for the looonnngggg explanations!!

Julez

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, MamaMax said:

Has anyone changed a fusion radio to an up to date radio with Bluetooth? I have a 2003 fusion and looking for answers 🙂 thanks in advance! 

Does a more modern fusion radio fit in? Also, what bluetooth.?

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted this 2008 fusion 1.4

IMG_20210720_152419~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good, can i ask what make it is and how have you got on with it? i fitted the sony because i wanted it to look as stock a poss while still having bluetooth ,usb , dab and being able to stream my sat nav  through the car Speakers

• 5 months later...
On 8/5/2021 at 9:40 PM, Code 3 chris said:

Just fitted this 2008 fusion 1.4

IMG_20210720_152419~2.jpg

Looks like the same console as my 2009 1.6  Can you tell me the name/model of the radio please.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club