Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basic Service

mcculloch

Hey guys just some questions about servicing my car, I have been to Halfords and bought all the bits im going to change. I have spark plugs , air filter , oil and paper oil filter. Was wondering if anybody could give me a guide on how to change the oil filter and the spark plugs (ie do i need to set the gap or will they be preset? (champion EON3 ) spark plugs

The car is a 1.8 petrol duratec registration X964 UKS

Cheers

Hi mcculloch

plugs should come preset, oil filter is best removed with a strap wrench.

new filter should be smeared with new oil around rubber seal & screwed hand tight.

tom

ok i think i am right in saying this.

1 get the engine worm/ hot but not to hot as this will burn you drop the oil and were latex gloves as used engine oil is no good for your skin.

2there should be a big round black plastic cap under the car just behind the bumper that is were your oil filter is remove this and leave the sump plug and the oil filter off draining in to a bowl.

3 the plugs should come set but when you open them just check there is gap's if they are dropped it can close it. remove the old ones and if you are happy with the new ones i put a tiny bit of copper grease on the threads ohters will say not to but i do and these need to be torqued up i think it about 28/30nm but it will say on the box

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club