Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2005 1.6l ti-VCT 115 - cam belt or chain driven?

I’ve just bought a 2005 Focus with the above engine.

It’s done 102k miles but there’s no paperwork on a cam belt change so just want to check if I ought to change it to err on the side of caution or, if it’s chain driven, maintain with regular services and oil changes to keep the chain in good working order.

Does anyone know if it has a cam belt or is chain driven?

Thanks!

• Focus2005 changed the title to 2005 1.6l ti-VCT 115 - cam belt or chain driven?

This engine has a timing belt that needs to be replaced every 8 Years / 100.000 Miles (whichever comes first).

Based on age the timing belt should have been replaced for the 1st time in 2013 and is due for the 2nd replacement this Year.

Based on the information that there is no history of a previous timing belt replacement and based on age the timing belt should be replaced this Year it is highly recommended to have the timing belt replaced as soon as possible.

17 hours ago, JW1982 said:

This engine has a timing belt that needs to be replaced every 8 Years / 100.000 Miles (whichever comes first).

Based on age the timing belt should have been replaced for the 1st time in 2013 and is due for the 2nd replacement this Year.

Based on the information that there is no history of a previous timing belt replacement and based on age the timing belt should be replaced this Year it is highly recommended to have the timing belt replaced as soon as possible.

Thank you! I’m getting quotes right now, and going to change water pump, firing belt and driving belt at the same time to save in labour costs further down the line. 👍🏻

do a thermostat at the same time easy when apart not so much fun when its all together

PAS pipe will probably get stressed and then fail shortly after, a redesign saw a silly strengthening bracket to stop a stress fracture of the high pressure pipe, right on the stupid one way push fit connector