Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corrosion on bottom of doors on a 2019 kuga

mikeyd1

As the title said , I bought a 19 reg kuga st line edition with only 2400 miles on , I literally got home and opened the door look down and see loads of corrosion righ above the seam sealer on lower inside of the door (all under the paint not broken through yet) so checked the passenger door and it was the same , so a quick call to Ford and they said it’s got no body work stamp we won’t even look. “Thanks Ford” it’s only had one stamp by a non Ford dealer supplying the car. Anyways rand up where I bought it from and said I’m returning it, they said we will take a look, anyway got there the guy said that’s odd and they have a good relationship with there local Ford and get it put right, I said no Chance and got my px and money back. So that’s me done with Ford now, I can’t believe when I rang my local Allen Ford body shop which I know some people in there by the way, had the cheek to say no we won’t even look at it with out a bodywork stamp. The thing is tho most of the time when u have a service they don’t even stamp the body work section.

Rant over

check your lower doors 

99B2D878-1152-4DCA-BD70-223ACB3220E7.jpeg

CAA3E2D9-A7B5-4CAE-9370-A66BFF83A1BD.jpeg

• Sad 1

Thats horrendous, sorry to hear of your experience!

I purchased a used Ford from a main Ford agent (Supposed FSH etc..) I too found some rust on the tailgate and wing.

Took it to my local Stealership who also took one look at the paint record (No stamps) and refused to do it.

I E-mailed CRC at Ford who were also of similar help.

Long story short but it eventually got resolved (which was also a farce at Stealership!)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Just seen your “rant” whilst searching for other reported occupancies of this factory assembly defect. Ford pulled the same rabbit out of the hat when approached, as our late 69 plate Kuga did not have all bodywork stamps as previous owner serviced at their local garage, so claim rejected ….. it was just outside the  3 year bodywork warranty.  The large franchise dealership which sold the car was dumbfounded at Ford’s response as well as repair agents approached.  They couldn’t believe Ford’s response from a vehicle quality perception and customer retention.

Currently facing an £1100 bill.

• Like 1

Very different from VW who replaced a rusting wing on my Passat when it was 9 years old. It certainly didn't have full dealership history and therefore no "bodywork inspection" stamps.

All they did was to check the paint thickness with their meter to make sure that it hadn't had any prior unauthorised repair work done to it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CHILLIT said:

They couldn’t believe Ford’s response from a vehicle quality perception and customer retention.

I haven't seen any sort of 'customer retention' schemes from Ford.  They sell more than enough commercial vehicles not to be concerned about the odd private buyer going elsewhere in future.

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I haven't seen any sort of 'customer retention' schemes from Ford.  They sell more than enough commercial vehicles not to be concerned about the odd private buyer going elsewhere in future.

Yeah, I used to find Ford much more responsive when I was buying hundreds of vehicles for fleet use. Got much better discounts, too!😃

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I bought a brand new ST Line from a non-Ford dealer here in Belgium in 2020 (actually registered as December 2019) and after a while I also noticed the corrosion on the bottom of the front doors.

Long story short, I took it to the local Ford dealer and they had it in within a week to fix it. I do however use the main dealer for servicing as the car came with a 5-Year Ford warranty.

• 4 months later...

hi just saw this i have the same model as you had 2019 st line awd auto 2ltr i bouhgt the car 6 months old ford direct from stirling , i saw the doors wrinkle finnish and thought the same as to why is it rust is water inside door not getting out , well cars 4 year old now and still the same , weired or what ,extended warrenty but it wont be coverd ,

2 minutes ago, bigdom said:

hi just saw this i have the same model as you had 2019 st line awd auto 2ltr i bouhgt the car 6 months old ford direct from stirling , i saw the doors wrinkle finnish and thought the same as to why is it rust is water inside door not getting out , well cars 4 year old now and still the same , weired or what ,extended warrenty but it wont be coverd ,ill mention it in dec ember when it goes in for a service dont expect them to do anything about it , at the end of the day they sell cars and thats it they got your monie 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club