Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Fiesta Titanium - 1st car project.

Ruthieroo77

Maybe it's reaching my 40s that has given me the courage to do this, but I've always had a secret passion to do up a car. As a woman, its not something that is a common hobby amongst my friends, and I guess I've been reluctant to pursue it.

But here I am. I bought my best friend's 2011 Titanium for the part exchange price. Only 61k on the clock, mechanically sound, but cosmetically battered. 🙈

My husband and I own a maintenance business and we have experience with painting and decorating, so I figured, some of those skills are transferable, right? 

The bonnet had multiple rusty stone chips, so I set to work sanding back to metal and priming. I decided to get the colour and clear coats done professionally, and saved 50% of the respray cost by doing so. The finish is not 100%, I didn't get the leveling stage perfect, but in the sunshine, you can't even see it. 

It will be my daily runner, but I'm not after perfection. Just a bit if fun. I have lots of mods in mind for the wheels, interior, etc, but will add photos and updates along the way. 

Thanks for looking. X

20210526_122806.jpg

20210529_165808.jpg

• Like 2

Wind deflectors added and bumper filled ready for priming.

20210609_143533.jpg

• Like 1

Trial run of the eyebrows. They will be colour coded when they are added, but I love the look. 😷

20210609_144225.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks so much, Stevie. 😊

• 3 weeks later...

A fresh paint and a new set of wheels and tires will definitely make the Ford Fiesta stand out. Good luck on this project!

• Like 1

looking good Ruth 🙂 liking this. theres... ceuk, pumaspeed, sico-developments for great mods 🙂 i agree with hascrate, some nice rims will make a big difference and also a set of lowering springs demontweaks have the HR 35mm on offer still..im still saving up for gloss black ones ones on my white zetec s, sequiential indicators on the wing mirrors look good too

• Like 1

I've now added an ST spoiler, spray painted the bumper, and dyed the interior trim from grey to black.

Pretty happy with my spray job. Once it has fully cured, a good wet sand and polish should bring it up to a nice high gloss.

20210604_115949.jpg

20210623_145321.jpg

• Like 1

Spoiler and paint job:

20210627_132754.jpg

20210619_122750.jpg

• Like 1

On 7th July, it'll get a stage 1 remap, then I'll be painting the calipers red, refurbishing and repainting the alloys

Will also shampoo the seats and carpets, and detail the whole car. I'm really enjoying this project, and I even had a Mk8 Fiesta driver eye up my car on the A14 yesterday.  😊.

Next year, I may get 17" rims in time for the summer, but for now, I'll keep the 16s on her and learn how to refurb them. 

20210624_165643.jpg

20210624_165719.jpg

• Like 2

Small mod, but I got a set of Ford Performance reg plate holders off eBay, and I think they really look quite smart. 

20210702_200937.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ruthieroo77 said:

Small mod, but I got a set of Ford Performance reg plate holders off ebay, and I think they really look quite smart. like my ca

20210702_200937.jpg

looks good on your car ruth, i was going to get them on my zetec s but i dont think it will look right on mine 😛 

Doing a great job there.

What sort of dye did you use on the dash/door cards ?  

One thing I hate inside the Fiesta is the silver painted trim! All that is gone from our car now, all replaced with genuine Ford brush look stainless steel trim [scrapyard visits] the silver painted door handle & central console covers are now is gloss black, I can take a pic if you'd like to see ?

I'm not into a sporty looking lowered car these days, been there lowered that and regretted doing that, this is our Fiesta with a few mods on the outside, since this picture was taken I've upgraded the rear lights:

tit-001.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 11:02 AM, Ian Lanc said:

Doing a great job there.

What sort of dye did you use on the dash/door cards ?  

One thing I hate inside the Fiesta is the silver painted trim! All that is gone from our car now, all replaced with genuine Ford brush look stainless steel trim [scrapyard visits] the silver painted door handle & central console covers are now is gloss black, I can take a pic if you'd like to see ?

I'm not into a sporty looking lowered car these days, been there lowered that and regretted doing that, this is our Fiesta with a few mods on the outside, since this picture was taken I've upgraded the rear lights:

tit-001.jpg

Believe it or not, I found a YouTube video and Facebook page dedicated to people using Cherry Blossom black shoe wax on their exterior and interior trim, with great, permanent results. So I gave it a go. 🙂

And a picture would be great, if you get a chance. 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ruthieroo77 said:

Believe it or not, I found a YouTube video and Facebook page dedicated to people using Cherry Blossom black shoe wax on their exterior and interior trim, with great, permanent results. So I gave it a go. 🙂

And a picture would be great, if you get a chance. 👍

Holy! Years ago I used Cherry Blossom on my car tyres, always looked shiny & brand new, unlike 'today's' tyre finishers which are sticky, CB is not so, so stays clean and easily washed.

I'll take a few pics of what we've done in our car.

Long gone are all the silver painted parts, even the silver binacle has been replaced with a black version with a brushed stainless steel trim.

We've also ditched the 2010 seats for the better looking type from a 2015 fiesta.

DSC01577.JPG

DSC01576.JPG

DSC01574.JPG

DSC01575.JPG

These are the rear lights now fitted, was wanting the last 7.5 version with LED brake lights, but are too dear.

DSC01491.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

Gloss black looks great! 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club