Do Not Sell My Personal Information

(Forscan) Multiple features enabled but not working, why?

ethann

Let me preface this by saying that I am aware that some features require hardware however I'm just wondering where I'd find the hardware and what hardware I actually need to make some of the features work if necessary, I really just need an opinion and advice on the stuff I have enabled.

I own a MK8 Ford Fiesta Zetec 2017 1.1L N/A (My first car).

I have enabled the following: 

bdyCM - Auto Lock Vehicle [?]

IPC - Auto Lock [?]

IPC - Rain Sensor [?]

IPC - Launch Control [N]

MyView Performance Screen [N]

Vehicle Graphic Resource (Type 7) [W]

Menu - Traffic Sign Recognition Activation [?]

Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) [? / N]

Mirrors tilt on reverse [? / N]

Hill Descent Control [?]

Mirrors Autofold [N]

Splash Screen (ST) [W]

[W] = Working, [N] = Not-Working, [? / N] = Doesn't seem to work but unsure.

I was wondering what features will work and will not and also what other features I can enable that'll work.

Thanks

19 hours ago, ethann said:

I really just need an opinion and advice on the stuff I have enabled.

bdyCM - Auto Lock Vehicle [?] This should work if you have remote locking, once you reach 12KPH the doors should lock

IPC - Auto Lock [?] As above, but make sure you have gone into the menu screen and enabled it

IPC - Rain Sensor [?] You need to change the sensor on the windscreen to one for both light & sight and it will work

IPC - Launch Control [N] ST PCM linked, will only work on an ST (And, I believe, some people with STs are struggling to make this work)

MyView Performance Screen [N] This should work, it works on my daughter's ST-Line, you have to select it in the options in the "My View" screen

Vehicle Graphic Resource (Type 7) [W] What even is this???

Menu - Traffic Sign Recognition Activation [?] If you have the correct level camera it should work, but I believe you have to activate it in other modules too, there are topics on Forscan discussing this. Being a base model, I doubt you will have the right level camera installed

Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) [? / N] As above

Mirrors tilt on reverse [? / N] This only works on vehicles with Electric, Memory seating, so Mondeo above only for Europe

Hill Descent Control [?] 4x4 vehicles only, requires further configuration from the PCM and TCM

Mirrors Autofold [N] Only if you have powerfold mirrors, which would be activated by default

Splash Screen (ST) [W] 👍

[W] = Working, [N] = Not-Working, [? / N] = Doesn't seem to work but unsure.

I was wondering what features will work and will not and also what other features I can enable that'll work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Vehicle Graphic Resource (Type 7) [W] What even is this???

A very good question, what is it and does a Mk4 Focus have it ?

• Like 1

Yes, T70(an illustrious name, BTW, recalling a great and beautiful racing car from half a century ago,)  has it  right. Entry level cars do not have the hardware and with certain caveats, cannot be fitted with it. Formula one cars used to have launch control, 1100cc baby hatchbacks do not need it and if I found one with it fitted by the owner, I would run away. It is the guarantee of a car that has been thrashed.