Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Street KA reprogramming central locking

BP2411

Hello everyone! My parents neighbour asked if I would put a new battery in her key fob as it'd stopped working, I done it but it needed reprogramming, I tried but it didn't work, I noticed the buttons felt like they weren't clicking so took the top part of the key apart and none of the microswitches were actually connected 😂 I assume I can order this, swap the immobiliser chip over and use the bottom half of the original key but what is the actual method of reprogramming the remote central locking? 

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MFHD9GZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MH3WZY64J0ZAQRZ9JW4R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers! 

Still looking for any info on this. 

Which exact model KA is it? need to know year and mark 1, 2, 3 etc and does it have an ignition key or is it keyless and just starts on a button.

I'm sure we can help you out if you can give the information needed.

It's a 2005 street ka, keyed, 3 button. Thank you, now the alarm keeps going off. 

I've got the alarm to stop but if I could disable it I'd prefer that, any idea what fuse runs it? 

DIY Ford Remote Key and Fob Programming

Here is how to program your Ford remote in seconds for free.

Ford Fiesta – Focus – Mondeo – Connect: Cycle ignition quickly from ON to OFF until you hear the chimes – press one button on each remote to be coded, as each remote is programmed you will hear a chime. Once you have programmed each remote, start the engine to close the learning cycle. Wait one minute before trying the remotes.

Ford Transit up to 2005 –
1. Close all the doors.
2. Turn Ignition key from position 0 to II eight times within 10 seconds.
3. Make sure the vehicle locks and unlocks the doors.
4. Press the remote transmitter button within 20 seconds., and make sure the vehicle locks and unlocks all the doors.
5. Up to 20 seconds is allowed to program the next remote transmitter.
6. To program additional remote transmitters, repeat steps 4 and 5.
7. Turn the ignition key to position 0 to exit the programming mode.Note : Maximum 4 remote transmitters may be programmed.
Note : . Ensure the vehicle battery is fully charged and the anti-theft alarm system is not armed or triggered.
Note : If programming ends with no new remote transmitters, the originals are retained.
Note : The anti-theft alarm and double locking module will exit programming mode automatically if four new remote transmitters have been programmed or if no new remote transmitters programmed within the 20 second programming mode.

KA Street KA: Cycle the ignition ON/OFF at least 4 times and then press remote button – there is no chime or feedback so wait one minute and test the remote.

If the remotes don’t program first time, try again, same if the chimes don’t start after turning the ignition (Don’t try to start the car, just switch from position 2 to position 3 quickly) try again.

NOTE: If your vehicle came to you without a remote, test if it is configured to take a remote by following  the ignition on and of sequence, if you hear the chime, then it will take a remote. On a transit if you hear the locks cycle, you can then program a remote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can not remove the fues for the alarm system, it is part of the vehicles PATs security system and if you disable the alarm then the car will not start.

• Thanks 1

No luck with the above instructions, she's going to leave it as it is, the button unlocks the boot, the lock button works (but activates the alarm) the unlock button isn't actually attached to the circuit board anymore and my hands are too shaky to solder anymore! The new key linked above from amazon won't program at all. 

She's going to use the button to unlock the boot and the key to manually lock & unlock the car. 

Little update, alarm kept going off, decided to lock it with the fob then bridge the solder contacts with a piece of wire where the switch used to be to unlock it in the hopes it'd disable the alarm only the door wouldn't lock via key or fob, after some investigation I found out the passenger door was locked and wouldn't unlock, managed to get it to unlock then locked & unlocked with the fob and now it's working... Touch wood, may have a go at soldering a new microswitch for unlock. 

• Like 2

The passenger side lock mechanism is causing all sorts of problems, the door very rarely gets used so I'm hoping wd 40 and some fiddling gets it working, if not any idea on a part number for the lock or if it's used in any other ford's as no local scrap yards have any street ka's. 

You would be much better to use 3in1 spray on oil. The wounderful WD40 is good at freeing things and as a water repellant but offers no lubrication so once it dries out you can be back to square one.

Unless the lock is totally broke it should recover after 24 hours with a bit of lubrication.

• Like 1

Just received the replacement latch & motor for the passenger side but after soaking the original in 3in1 2 days ago it's started working, apart from unlock on the key & the door card being butchered by previous attempts at repair, it's all working now, even fitted a pair of window switches, drivers side was an eBay job and then I used to old drivers side to fix the passenger. I now need the door "pop pins" to sort the card any idea if they're available anywhere but ford's, it's the black pin style for the card and the white part for the door side. 

Or does anyone have a part number for the door clips? 

IMG_20210616_172955.jpg

Just go to eBay and type in:      Vehicle trim clips

It will bring up hundreds of different types including the little white Ford ones. A bag of 20 is about £4

I've had a look but I need both the door & card side and I can't find them and I expect Ford will want an eye watering amount. 

Can you post some pictures of the clips you need? 

Not the best of pictures, but it's a black pin on the card and a white hole on the door. 

IMG_20210617_093801.jpg

IMG_20210617_093743.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club