Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duratec St Engines

ford focus edge

Hi guys, im back in the mondeo forum to pester you all again, Turns out my dads belovid ST220 has had a crankshaft bearing failure before our purchase (if only we knew...) But weve traced the place where the work was carried out. Turns out its had a second hand engine put into the car now what i was wondering is if there is any way to find out what happend to the car this engine was in by searching the engine number etc? also is there any tell tale signs to hazard a guess at the milage?

Mike

Weve had a call back today from the garage where the "new" engine was put into the car and we've had an engine number from them does anyone know a way to trace the engine?

Many thanks on this one would lay alot to rest

Mike

try the DVLA they might be able to tell you when the doner car was scrapped any other details.

try the DVLA they might be able to tell you when the doner car was scrapped any other details.

you may be lucky to get any info at all the seller should have told you the engine was replaced with a second hand engine that would give me cause for concern to be honest as big bills could well be looming that engine could have done any amount of miles wqas the belts and tensioners change dwas the engine fully tested i doubt it to be honest you really need the reg of the old car phoning the dvla may help but they will only give you the info from its peior mot so the miles will usually be more than what they say

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club