Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 "rough running" after new coil/plugs/leads

simonkit

Fiesta 1.4 2004

Recently had a problem with the Fiesta... It suddenly started running very rough & engine warning light came on, called RAC who said it showed a fault on CYL 4 & it was only running on 3 CYLs. Turned out to be coil failure so I replaced coil/spark plugs & ignition leads & whilst it's much better it now seems slightly hesitant during acceleration sometimes..

my thoughts are maybe the fuel filter or the MAF / Lamba sensor have been affected by the coil failing ?

All advice appreciated

simon

Try resetting the ECU by pulling out the appropriate fuse. I don't know which one it is without looking it up in the manual.

Try resetting the ECU by pulling out the appropriate fuse. I don't know which one it is without looking it up in the manual.

Thanks for the reply......

thing is that I did this, disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, it cleared the engine management light.

It seems too much of a coincidence that a sensor etc would fail at the same time as the coil ??

simon

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club