Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UK Ford Fusion + 2008 front passenger door warning light and passenger door wording saying open when it's not

soooty

Warning light on dash saying front passenger door open when it's not! I suspect front door sensor can anyone tell me where the sensor is located and how do you put another in to replace it also where in South London would I get a new sensor from?

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Hi Tom, the sensor is built in to the door lock itself and you have to replace the whole unit. If you are up to it you can remove the door lock, open it up, take care things like to 'pop out' and you will find a small micro switch inside. You can get replacments from eBay/Amazon for a few pounds.

• Like 2

Thank you unofix would I have to get the whole lock thing from Ford or can I get it from euro parts or somewhere like that?

You would be better off taking the lock out of the door and getting the exact part number of it. Then get a used one from a vehicle recycling centre (scrap yard). The cost of a brand new one from Ford will be just stupid money.

• Like 1

Almost certainly the door lock mechanism, one lump, over £200 ! And a couple of variations in part number. It is a palver to change, so spend a tenner on a S/H Haynes manual.  You may also need a 5 point security Torx bit to release the lock.  I also think removing the loudspeaker may help, and having three hands.

But before you spend your hard earned cash, Check the connector in the A post door shut, disconnect it, check contacts and make sure it is done up fully, it is a bayonet type fitting

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club