Do Not Sell My Personal Information

headlamps and water pump

judas

I need some advice. I own a 53 reg fiesta. the front motor of the front headlamp is stuck or not working. it makes a studder noise as if the motor is jammed when i turn on the lights. i was told by a garage to get new ones. i saw a mk6 fiesta with mk7 headlamps. is that possible?

also they told me my water pump needs to be replaced. my car was making kinda like a sqweeky noise after being driven for like 10 minutes and especially after i drive for a long time.... the noise gets louder... they told me water pump..... how much would that cost to fix?? and has anyone ever done it themselves?? i was thinking of doing myself.... can anyone give me advice??

I need some advice. I own a 53 reg fiesta. the front motor of the front headlamp is stuck or not working. it makes a studder noise as if the motor is jammed when i turn on the lights. i was told by a garage to get new ones. i saw a mk6 fiesta with mk7 headlamps. is that possible?

also they told me my water pump needs to be replaced. my car was making kinda like a sqweeky noise after being driven for like 10 minutes and especially after i drive for a long time.... the noise gets louder... they told me water pump..... how much would that cost to fix?? and has anyone ever done it themselves?? i was thinking of doing myself.... can anyone give me advice??

re the squeeky noise: before you try the water pump make sure the belts are tight on the alternator. My last car was so bad at times for the belts wearing/loosening you have to keep adjusting them every so often. ( it sounded like a water pump squeel when you accelerated! ) The water pump btw wont cost that much but if it is the pump i'd replace the water pump, cam belt and tensioner. You will need to replace the anti-freeze as well. I would replace the auxilary belt ( Alternator belt at the same time)

re the squeeky noise: before you try the water pump make sure the belts are tight on the alternator. My last car was so bad at times for the belts wearing/loosening you have to keep adjusting them every so often. ( it sounded like a water pump squeel when you accelerated! ) The water pump btw wont cost that much but if it is the pump i'd replace the water pump, cam belt and tensioner. You will need to replace the anti-freeze as well. I would replace the auxilary belt ( Alternator belt at the same time)

how much would that cost me??? the whole thing??? mabe ur right... maybe is just the belt.... its been making that noise for like 3 months now... and it hasnt gotten worse or anything.. no leaks... no water under the bonnet...... could it be just the belt?? needs tightening??

how much would that cost me??? the whole thing??? mabe ur right... maybe is just the belt.... its been making that noise for like 3 months now... and it hasnt gotten worse or anything.. no leaks... no water under the bonnet...... could it be just the belt?? needs tightening??

The reason you change the timing belt is normally when you change the water pump the timing belt gets covered in water or it is already contaminated due to the leaking water pump, and as your in "the vicinity" of the timing belt its just as well changing it anyway for all it costs. If your losing water from the water pump you`ll spot it as being a powdery coloured substance around the waterpump and probably down your engine. If you don't see any i bet the chances are it's only the belt that needs either tightened ( if you can tighten them on the fiesta? i haven't looked at mine yet! ) or it will need renewed!

The reason you change the timing belt is normally when you change the water pump the timing belt gets covered in water or it is already contaminated due to the leaking water pump, and as your in "the vicinity" of the timing belt its just as well changing it anyway for all it costs. If your losing water from the water pump you`ll spot it as being a powdery coloured substance around the waterpump and probably down your engine. If you don't see any i bet the chances are it's only the belt that needs either tightened ( if you can tighten them on the fiesta? i haven't looked at mine yet! ) or it will need renewed!

thanks... i will check that out and see how i can tighten my own belt.... what tool should i use to tighten the belt?? im a newbie at it.... my car is a 53 reg fiesta.... 1.4 LX semi auto.... im kinda hesitant to change the water pump and just go ahead and do the tighten of the belt because it has only done 15700 miles.. thats like average 3200 miles per year since it first registered........ cant be the water pump right??

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club