Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 1.1 2014 Fiesta Factory Sat Nav map update query

Marky146

Hi all, my car has just finally managed to update the Sync to V5.11 but the Sat nav is still showing as U_04.00.08. I was wondering what way we can update the vector and nav data? Clearly the Sync update doesn't do it.

Any advice gratefully accepted. ***** takes too if you would prefer. 

The map updates are done by buying a new SD card and putting it in the slot above the screen. A bit old fashioned compared to what we have nowadays.

Thanks. I can't seem to find the link to buy one from Ford. THe US link shows them but not for the UK. I suppose on on eBay would be ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. All fixed. Got a 2021 from eBay and it worked a treat. Now on V11.

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, Lewie226 said:

I bought one from eBay £17 worked a treat 2020 maps 

Hi Lewie

Would you have a link to the eBay seller that you got your card from as I have found there are some dodgy ones on there too 

On 7/1/2021 at 10:11 PM, Marky146 said:

Yep. All fixed. Got a 2021 from Ebay and it worked a treat. Now on V11.

Hi Mark,

Would you have a link to the eBay seller that you got your card from as I have found there are some dodgy ones on there too 

4 hours ago, Chipper19 said:

Hi Mark,

Would you have a link to the ebay seller that you got your card from as I have found there are some dodgy ones on there too 

Hi John,

I've just ordered one from here, arrives Monday, fingers crossed it's kosher

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203601218588

Thanks for this Bob, could I be cheeky and ask you to let me know how it goes.

Many thanks

Hi John,

it arrived today (early), went in the slot easy enough and seemed to work straight away. I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes after a test run.

Bob

Happy to report the updated maps card (linked above) did its job. The interface is a lot different from my last two cars, but easy enough to work out. If you need a post code that isn't listed, use the 'variable' key to add it.

Bob

Thanks for this Bob, very helpful indeed. Get mine ordered me thinks

26 minutes ago, Chipper19 said:

Thanks for this Bob, very helpful indeed. Get mine ordered me thinks

Happy to help John, before you order, do a bit more 'internet searching'. just to be on the safe side. I know 20 quid isn't a lot of money nowadays, but it is if you don't get what you expect out of it.

I went to a couple of places today that I know were not long built and the Nav found them just the same. As I mentioned, if the Nav doesn't have the full postcode you want, down the bottom left of the screen is another option you can use to 'fill in' whats missing. These SD cards may not be everyone's cup of tea or do what you expect, it did however update my maps and I wasn't driving over a field.  Failing that, your smart phone will do just as well.

Bob

Sorry Been away for a week. Glad you got sorted out OK. 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:29 PM, oldbob said:

Happy to help John, before you order, do a bit more 'internet searching'. just to be on the safe side. I know 20 quid isn't a lot of money nowadays, but it is if you don't get what you expect out of it.

I went to a couple of places today that I know were not long built and the Nav found them just the same. As I mentioned, if the Nav doesn't have the full postcode you want, down the bottom left of the screen is another option you can use to 'fill in' whats missing. These SD cards may not be everyone's cup of tea or do what you expect, it did however update my maps and I wasn't driving over a field.  Failing that, your smart phone will do just as well.

Bob

Hi Bob,   Card arrived today and I have just inserted it. All looks good; the navigation system works exactly as it did with the ford card, same voice and menus. I haven't driven with it yet but have located the new road network around Aberdeen airport and it's all as it is now. I will test it driving in the coming few days and will report back if I have any problems. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and avoiding a bit of Ford extortion. 

16 hours ago, Chipper19 said:

Hi Bob,   Card arrived today and I have just inserted it. All looks good; the navigation system works exactly as it did with the ford card, same voice and menus. I haven't driven with it yet but have located the new road network around Aberdeen airport and it's all as it is now. I will test it driving in the coming few days and will report back if I have any problems. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and avoiding a bit of Ford extortion. 

G'day John, fingers crossed that it works out OK. I'm always hesitant when recommending things from the 'bay of woe' to others,  as what works for me, doesn't always work for them.

I haven't needed to try mine out again yet as all my driving has been local, but I'd be interested in hearing of any problems you may come up against.

Bob

7 hours ago, oldbob said:

G'day John, fingers crossed that it works out OK. I'm always hesitant when recommending things from the 'bay of woe' to others,  as what works for me, doesn't always work for them.

I haven't needed to try mine out again yet as all my driving has been local, but I'd be interested in hearing of any problems you may come up against.

Bob

I'll keep you posted Bob, thanks again.  I would say that 99.9 % of my eBay stuff is spot on and I use it quite a lot. Just got to be careful who you buy from I guess. Never by bushes or bearings on eBay !!

Hi Bob, now tested the card out a bit more and seems to do the job well. The only difference I have found is that it takes slightly longer to load when initiating a journey.