Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2015 1.0 eco boost. Cam belt gone at 47000

ZoeL1988

The cam belt on my 2015 focus has just gone at 47000 miles (just under). Anyone heard of any problems occurring regularly with this, maybe a manufacturing or parts problem?

have just been in touch with Ford who have opened a case, so fingers crossed when they do the diagnostics they will help me with the replacement engine, but I am working on the assumption that they will try their hardest to wriggle out rather than pay out. Has anyone had any luck with support from Ford for a similar issue? 

Thanks

As Tom suggests - several quite lengthy threads on here regarding drive belts on the 1.0 ecoboost deteriorating where oil changes have been neglected, wrong oil or an engine flush used, unfortunately.

Not sure, I’ve had it 2 years, couldn’t tell you what oils were used in services or whether it’s been flushed. Full service history apart from last year when it missed a minor service because of lockdown etc. Was booked in for one this month. 

Hi Zoe, I don't know about ford but I had a similar case with a Vauxhall Vectra, the damage to the engine was massive and the repair bill over £2000. The failure of the timing chain occured 1200 miles before its 60000 mile service. There was no hassel, Vauxhall just put their hands up and paid the full repair even though the car was out of warrantie

15 minutes ago, ZoeL1988 said:

Not sure, I’ve had it 2 years, couldn’t tell you what oils were used in services or whether it’s been flushed. Full service history apart from last year when it missed a minor service because of lockdown etc. Was booked in for one this month. 

How much mileage has been done from when it was last serviced? Unfortunately the fact its missed a service means Ford is even more unlikely to offer you any sort of goodwill gesture.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club