Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Direct Line and mods.

Ruthieroo77

Actually had a good experience listing some mods for my MK7 Titanium. The following mods will cost me £27:

ST rear spoiler and Stage 1 engine remapping (increase from 118 to 140 bhp)

These mods they didn't even need to list:

Change colour of original alloys, paint existing calipers red, change colour of original interior, fit wind deflectors.

and these mods were no charge:

add gel badge overlays, add ford owners club stickers. 😎

Sometimes, being a middle-aged female has its advantages. 😁

What no way?! Been with Direct line for years, I've asked about a remap in the past and got told they don't cover mods at all. Been with them for 16 years, like wtf. Lol

9 hours ago, Gaskell71 said:

What no way?! Been with Direct line for years,....

Therein lies the reason. Companies do not value loyalty whatsoever. But a new customer, they'll bend over backwards. I do hope you phone them annually and tell them you have been quoted a cheaper renewal price and negotiate a decent discount!

45 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Therein lies the reason. Companies do not value loyalty whatsoever. But a new customer, they'll bend over backwards. I do hope you phone them annually and tell them you have been quoted a cheaper renewal price and negotiate a decent discount!

The FCA have attempted to change that this year...you shouldn't be charged more for loyalty than being a new customer now.  I'm sure the insurers will find a loophole though...

10 hours ago, Gaskell71 said:

What no way?! Been with Direct line for years, I've asked about a remap in the past and got told they don't cover mods at all. Been with them for 16 years, like wtf. Lol

How old were you at the time?  Direct Line didn't cover performance mods for under 25s, though that may have changed now.

• Like 1

Mid 30's 🤷🏼‍♀️  and always got a no. Check prices yearly and they do tend to be smash in the middle of prices.   Tempted to restromod our MK4 Mondeo then go Remapkings for the remap, or just get something newer it's now 14 years old.  Anyhow.

Ruthieroo77 who did the remap for you, how are you finfing driving with it great fun I bet?

• Like 1

The remap is happening 7th July and I'm going with Remap Kings. They were doing £100 off on an online Summer Promotion, and have also got really good feedback on Trust Pilot.

I will, of course let you know how it goes. I love its responsiveness already, but it will be more fun with the extra 22 bhp, I'm sure.

Just got to respray the front bumper, as the filling and repairs I did are bringing the look down. Trust the British weather to get in the way. 🙄

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club