Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Steering Wheel

kmoore04uk

I have a titanium x 15 plate focus with so many toys. Is there anyway I can add the heated steering wheel option without taking it to a ford garage? This is probably the only extra not fitted, Cheers

12 hours ago, kmoore04uk said:

I have a titanium x 15 plate focus with so many toys. Is there anyway I can add the heated steering wheel option without taking it to a ford garage? This is probably the only extra not fitted, Cheers

With respect, if you are asking that question, you'll need to take it some kind of garage. Not just a simple steering wheel replacement. You'll need to change the central switch console so it houses the steering wheel 'button' for heating. The existing harness may incorporate the option, but if not, you'll have to install the appropriate relay to operate the heating element.

• Like 2

I asked our local Ford dealership where I purchased the car from and the answer I got was a "no" it has to be fitted at build stage. Wether that's true or not or they (Ford) can't be bothered so I looked at some after market plug in steering wheel covers. Not ideal but as it would be dark and only for a 3.5 mile trip to work and back, it might be an easy option.

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

Not ideal but as it would be dark and only for a 3.5 mile trip to work and back, it might be an easy option.

3.5 mile trip?? LOL You need to toughen up man, or invest in a pair of gloves 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

3.5 mile trip?? LOL You need to toughen up man, or invest in a pair of gloves 🤣

Hahaha..... After 30 yrs of working outside in all weathers I think a bit of warmth on those cold frosty mornings is overdue.

I have noticed though since I've stopped working outside on a daily basis I'm becoming a bit nesh as it's a constant 21 degrees at work and even shorts t-shirt and a hi viz is too warm but it's a far cry from being fully clothed and having to wear a full proban overalls in the height of our summer.

• Like 1

It "CAN" be done, but it'll be a fair bit of work.

Obviously, you will need to change the steering wheel for a heated one (and these are rare)

You will need to change the steering column switchgear to accommodate the heater circuits.

Then you will need to overlay the additional wiring required to make it work.

You don't "really" need to change the A/C panel as you can configure a soft button for HSW along with Heated Seats on the Sync 3 screen (only if you have Sync 3) but I've just noticed you have a 2015 so you need an A/C control panel too (which are also rare) 

EDIT: Wasn't the HSW switch a separate switch on MK3.5????

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for your replies everyone. Don't  think I will bother with that then.

It does sound like a massive hassle. Saying that I do miss my heated steering wheel on freezing mornings 😄

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mollymoodoo said:

It does sound like a massive hassle. Saying that I do miss my heated steering wheel on freezing mornings 😄

Here ya go buddy, this'll keep you toastie on those Arctic mornings LOL, and all for less than £20!

1332626741_heatedwheel.thumb.jpg.430c507e2380a8240c952a12dce99123.jpg

• Haha 4

That lead doesn't look long enough to be able to do a 3.5 mile trip with it pluged in.

Doh ! how stupid can I be.... of course you could just use an extension lead 🤣

• Haha 2

Well for £16 may just try that, got plenty of sockets to plug it into. Thanks. I have to be honest, my daily commute is only 5 miles but I live in somerset and travel to north yorkshire to the inlaws on a regular basis

1 minute ago, kmoore04uk said:

... and travel to north yorkshire to the inlaws on a regular basis

Well, we all have our cross to bear LOL

49 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Well, we all have our cross to bear LOL

I hope you're referring to the in-laws not God's Own Country there, Stephen!😀

8 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I hope you're referring to the in-laws not God's Own Country there, Stephen!😀

I've never had the pleasure of, 'North Yorkshire', but, have had the experience on 'in-laws' LOL You judge...

• Haha 1

Proof, if proof was needed, SNOW FLAKES are made, not born!! 😉

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club