Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 ecoboost 1.0 engine failure

WiltsMunchkin

Hi

My Sept 2019 Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 140ps has just failed on 15k miles. Lots online about previous generation 1.0 engines failing but this is a post recall car. 

Anyone else experienced this and know why? AA chap says lots of Ford and VW 3 pots are failing the same way but not many at such low miles.

What do you mean by ' failed ' I have the same engine in my 2018 car , 17,000 miles, and it's as sweet as a nut.

28 minutes ago, billyboy said:

What do you mean by ' failed ' I have the same engine in my 2018 car , 17,000 miles, and it's as sweet as a nut.

As in, loss of power, engine management light on, cylinder 2 complete loss of compression.  AA says its a new engine job!

Owned from new and dealer maintained, oil and coolant normal levels, apparently the plugs were all filthy.

I have a 2014 with the same engine. So far no issues, but it is quite low mileage. Your car sounds very news, so is it still under warranty?

The problem with small engines with relatively a high power output is they're stressed to the limit. It just means they aren't going to be as reliable as an equally built 4 cylinder engine with a higher capacity yet equal power.

I'd hope at 2 years old and full dealer service history that Ford should be stumping up every last penny for this repair.

8 hours ago, fiestalux said:

I have a 2014 with the same engine. So far no issues, but it is quite low mileage. Your car sounds very news, so is it still under warranty?

Hi

Mines the same (2014, 23K) FSH, Runs perfectly.

12 hours ago, WiltsMunchkin said:

Hi

My Sept 2019 Fiesta ecoboost 1.0 140ps has just failed on 15k miles. Lots online about previous generation 1.0 engines failing but this is a post recall car. 

Anyone else experienced this and know why? AA chap says lots of Ford and VW 3 pots are failing the same way but not many at such low miles.

It should be under warranty. When was it last serviced? If Ford drags its heels Really, Really push your dealership. No-one should pay for a brand new engine at 21 months old if it has been serviced on the dot and correctly!!!!

Hope this helps

There is a lot of 3 pots out there, just a little 1 litre engine and put a Turbo on to make it scream through time something will give but 15k that's low.

You have to get that Turbo to kick in most times, never Owen one but driven a few fiestas and focus.

Didn't the AA say what was wrong with the engine to lose compression, burnt out valve, piston or head gasket. It's strange they say it needs a new engine without saying what's wrong. If it was my car I would want to know why it failed.

On 6/20/2021 at 7:18 AM, WiltsMunchkin said:

As in, loss of power, engine management light on, cylinder 2 complete loss of compression.  AA says its a new engine job!

Owned from new and dealer maintained, oil and coolant normal levels, apparently the plugs were all filthy.

Are you still in warranty? If so, you're covered.

If not, Pay the dealer for diagnostic to find what's wrong and "IF" you do have full Ford service history from new, as you say, then contact Ford CRC and raise a case.

You may get full or 50% warranty support

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club